We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you’ll have outstanding benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
Benefits & Amenities
We offer a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, fulfilling lives at and outside of work.
- Health insurance coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Partial 401(k) match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Paid time off for jury duty and military obligations
- Sick and bereavement leave
- Tobacco cessation support
- Free, on-site flu shots
- Free, confidential, on-site biometric health screenings
- Nutritious food options in cafeterias
- Wellness centers
- Fitness centers
- Walking paths
- Wellness-related employee networks
- Weight management support groups at many locations
Inclusive Work Environment
It takes a lot of mind power from multiple backgrounds to define what’s next. To promote the sharing of ideas, we foster a work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. To this end, we always strive to:
Do What’s Right: Being worthy of our customers’ trust is our top priority. To this end, we adhere to the highest ethical standards, abide by the laws of every country in which we do business, and strive to be responsible corporate citizens.
Respect Others: Our success depends on the ability of our talented, skilled employees to function as a tightly integrated team. We embrace diversity and respect each other, our customers, our partners and suppliers we interact with.
Perform With Excellence: The missions our customers rely on us to carry out are every bit as important to us as they are to them, and we approach every challenge determined to succeed.
Opportunity for all
Research shows that the long-term unemployed are frequently overlooked and sometimes excluded from job opportunities. At Lockheed Martin, we don’t believe long-term unemployment should hold anyone back from pursuing a career with us. Here, what matters most is the unique skills and expertise you bring to your role.
Career Development and Support
At Lockheed Martin, we're committed to the growth and development of our diverse teams of employees, from interns to experienced professionals to military service men and women transitioning into civilian life. You’ll find opportunities for:
You'll Find Opportunities For:
- Mentoring and coaching
- Internal and external educational programs
- Career-building programs
- Skills and abilities enhancement
- Networking with company leaders
- Advancing your career through promotions
The Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE)
The CLE, a 300,000-square-foot conference center and lodging facility located adjacent to corporate headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, supports leadership training, professional development, learning sessions and business meetings, as well as conferences and symposiums.
CLE participants can refresh their leadership skills, while learning about new business concepts and applications, through many programs, including:
- Advanced Business Case
- Business Management Institute
- Capturing New Business Institute
- Competitive Intelligence/Positioning to Win
- Contracts Leadership Institute
- Customer Capture Workshop
- Customer Relations Institute
- Doing Business Overseas Institute
- Financial Strategies Program
- Leadership Fundamentals Program
- Leading with Organizational Impact
- Leading with Outstanding Customer Experience
- Mid-Level Core Simulation
- Program Management Institute
- Strategic Thinking for Executives
- Supply Chain Institute
CLE Fast Facts
- More than 50,000 square feet of conference and event space
- 250-seat amphitheate
- 100 percent of the site's paints, sealants and adhesives are low-emitting and contribute to better air quality
- 5,000+ energy-efficient light bulbs reduce energy consumption
- Energy savings from the CLE avoids over 318 metric tons of carbon per year
- Low-flow plumbing reduces water use by about 43 percent
- Compacting, composting and recycling systems divert more than 90 percent of the site's waste stream from landfills
- Green cleaning products and green linens reduce the facility's operational impact
Rewards & Recognition
Recognizing our people for their hard work and achievements draws us closer together and empowers us all. Several ways we acknowledge employee excellence include:
The NOVA Awards, created in 1995, is our highest honor that recognizes and celebrates stellar employee achievements.
Patents and Innovations
We make a point of encouraging and rewarding our employees for creating innovations and discoveries that can change the world.
Special Recognition Awards
This program rewards extraordinary individual and team performance within each business unit throughout the year.
From cash awards, to gift certificates to savings bonds, these awards are given to employees by their managers for exemplary performance.
We give each employee a special gift every five years to show our appreciation for their ongoing service and dedication.