No experience? No problem. Earn while you learn!
The Advanced Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship Program (AMTAP) is a United States Department of Labor (USDOL) Registered Apprenticeship. The AMTAP program trains candidates on the skills to build electronics and prepares them for an exciting career in space operations. During the up-front training program participants are paid and offered company benefits. Program graduates earn a nationally recognized credential and have an opportunity for full time employment at Lockheed Martin.
It’s a commitment that prepares participants for a skilled and meaningful career!
The curriculum includes solder certification, cable harnessing, and conformal coating training. Training takes place in either Littleton, CO or Courtland, AL and is taught by Lockheed Martin Space instructors.
- 5 or 9 Week paid Training Program (5 in AL, 9 in CO)
- 36-44 hours per week during training (9/80 schedule)
- $12.50/hr with benefits during training
- Opportunities for full time employment for graduating candidates
- Increase in base pay if hired full-time
Classes are beginning soon in Colorado and Alabama. Read information about upcoming classes:
To get more information, contact your local workforce center: