Purchasing and Materials Admin Associate / WSMR, NM
White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Purchasing and Materials Admin Associate / WSMR, NM
White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico
At Lockheed Martin, you’ll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared toward important human needs. Whatever your assignment, you’ll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
Primary responsibility supporting the Air & Missile Defense test activities at the WSMR facility. This includes but is not limited to:
- Responsible for materials and inventory
requirements, expediting, and
packagaing/shipping/receiving, on post-production and development testing programs at White Sands Missile Range (WSMR).
- Responsible for key roles in frequent periodic tool calibration (administrative status updates on a web-based tracking system, and packaging, shipping, delivering and receiving tools during the process) - Must understand, observe and enforce compliance with all environmental control procedures for the handling and disposition of hazardous materials and hazardous waste and may be required to take additional ESH training due to missile range requirements.
- Required to work as an effective part of a diverse team of technicians, quality assurance inspectors andengineers. Will also work with USG representatives and MFC Dallas counterparts, test engineers and program management.
- Assist the teams with general logistics support and other duties as required.
- Required to take and pass CFR 49 Shipping and Receiving of Hazardous Materials Certification (ground and air).
- Execute local purchases using a P-Card.
The locale: WSMR is located in southern New Mexico, and has an area of almost 3,200 square miles, and is near Alamogordo, NM, Las Cruces, NM, and El Paso, TX. The region is high desert with nearby mountain ranges and several manmade lakes that offer superb outdoor recreational activities. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and pleasant climate. This southern New Mexico / west Texas region is a great place to live and to raise a family, and is home to New Mexico State University and the University of Texas – El Paso.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Prior experience using SAP (or similar system) for inventory and production planning and control.
- Demonstrated excellent proficiency in the use of a PC and applications – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, web-based systems, etc.
- Demonstrated effective communication and teaming skills are required.
- Must understand, observe and enforce compliance with all environmental control procedures for the handling and disposition of hazardous materials and hazardous waste and may be required to take additional ESH training due to missile range requirements.
- May be required to obtain and maintain 49 CFR/IATA certification for shipping of hazardous materials (ground and air).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain forklift operator certification, and be able to frequently handle, package and move oversized and/or heavy items in a field environment.
- Must have ability to obtain a Secret security clearance and also must obtain an Interim Secret prior to starting so therefore must be a US Citizen.
Demonstrated recent/current proficient knowledge of and skills in SAP business operating systems and Global Recall for calibrations.
- Ability to provide training to others in SAP is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in government property control and FAR requirements
- Experience working in an ordnance integration and test environment.
- Experience working on an active military test range and/or field engineering experience.
- Experience in material handling, packing and shipping, to include hazardous materials with prior/current CFR 49 certification is desired.
- Final Secret security clearance. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROLRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Material and Distribution Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.