Environment, Safety & Health Engineer
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Environment, Safety & Health Engineer
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our outstanding people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support and focus and if you have the passion and courage to succeed, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
We invite you to join the ES&H team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space in Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA. At Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mentality, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee!
The Payload Launch Site Support Services (PLSSS) Program provides all launch processing support functions for Office of Space Launch (OSL). One of the program’s two primary operating locations is Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA. Key elements of the PLSSS program scope include satellite launch processing, satellite transport operations, satellite propellant loading operations, and satellite processing facilities O&M, clean room operations, and safety and environmental services.
You will be a part of an Environmental Safety & Health (ESH) team supporting operations in satellite processing and launch preparation activities. This position requires a broad ESH background to include solid understanding of Environmental, OSHA programs, and Operations Safety. Responsibilities will include:
• Participating in the recognition, evaluation, and control of environmental and safety hazards arising in or from the workplace or facility
• Conducting internal compliance audits
• Annual recordkeeping
• Training and other non-routine ESH projects as needed
• Occasional off shift and weekend support
• Occasional travel
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Assist with emergency response activities.
Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant, professional experience. In lieu of a degree, candidates who have 10 years ESH experience will also be considered
• Must be a United States citizen
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance requiring expanded background investigation
• Experience in Environmental Health & Safety subject areas such as developing and maintaining program documents, collecting and presenting metrics, evaluations and/or inspections, ergonomic assessments and/or industrial hygiene assessments, conducting training for ESH programs
• Able to work in a multiple field operations environment and provide safety coverage during 24/7 operations
• Able to multi-task and support any other assignments are required for this position
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, and verbal communication skills
• Master's degree in an EH &S related field
• Experience in payload processing activities
• Experience in reviewing drawings and engineering change requests
• Experience with reviewing and approving work orders
• Experience with medical programs required by OSHA and the Range (e.g. SCAPE, respiratory, material handler, DOT, hearing conservation)
• Prior experience working with internal and external customers to include supporting associate contractors
• Current operations experience working Space Flight Hardware and ground support systems
• Current understanding of Eastern/Western Range Operations with EWR 127-1 / 91-710 experience
• Background knowledge in propellant operations, ordnance, and payload transport
• Current experience performing ESH functions for the contract and missions
• Experience with OSHA programs such as Lockout Tagout, Electrical, Respiratory Protection, Fall Protection, Hazard Communication, Aerial Work platforms, Crane operations, Accident investigation, Recordkeeping, Lead and Asbestos, etc.
• Experience with environmental programs such as Air, Water, Chemical and Hazardous Waste Management Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Standard Monday to Friday 40 hour work weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Environment Safety and Health Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.