Sikorsky Technical Publications Sustainment Programs Manager
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Sikorsky Technical Publications Sustainment Programs Manager
and scope. Additionally, this position will manage the current Combat Rescue Helicopter Program as it transitions into Sustainment phases.
The Technical Publications Sustainment Programs Manager will manage a functional team of 24 direct Full Time Equivalents (FTEs) and approximately 75+ supplier FTEs in the preparation of deliverables to meet customer
requirements. This position requires pro-active
communication with the various disciplines in Integrated
Product Team (IPT) and cross-functional environments,
with the ability to bring forward technical and logistics
issues/resolutions to the team.
This position reports directly to the GS Technical Publications COE Manager for the Sikorsky LOB, and is located in Trumbull, CT.
This position requires high levels of helicopter
maintenance and logistics knowledge specific to Sikorsky
products and the development of technical documentation
for maintenance, overhaul, and retrofits. Because of the
integrated nature of technical manuals, illustrated parts
breakdowns, logistics support analysis, and provisioning,
candidates must also have a functional working knowledge of all these logistic elements.
Candidates must also have working knowledge of Product Safety and Program Logistic Support/Fleet management so as to effectively coordinate with these departments. The candidate is also expected to
brief senior and executive management on program status
and quality metrics.
Primary responsibilities are summarized below:
- Responsible for delivery of sustainment programs
publications data to customer in accordance with cost,
schedule, quality and technical performance requirements
as agreed to by contract.
- Coordinate technical publications support the
sustainment programs across multiple sites within the
Technical Publications COE.
- Ensure adherence to schedules and budgets by engaging
the Product Integration (PI) GS leads and Program
Management/Engineering teams to actively manage
Earned Value (EV) performance.
- Develop and actively monitor cost, schedule, risks, and
opportunities to contract execution.
- Assist the Sikorsky LOB Manager in support of Executive
Management Reviews and other high-level meetings.
- Perform project management and leadership activities to
manage and meet objectives and identify risks and
mitigation/recovery plans as required.
- Support contract proposal and business growth initiatives
by providing estimates as required for modifications and/or
newly developed aircraft and/or components.
- Ensure acceptance review of analyst/subcontractor
submitted packages to ensure compliance with statement
of work, Engineering source data and departmental quality
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills and the
ability to communicate with senior civilian executives and
senior military commanders.
- Provide feedback on all project requirements, statements
of work, budgets and schedules.
- Provide/maintain inputs/status reports for Program
reviews for internal and external customers.
- Maintain effective use of metrics for tracking quality of
subcontractor provided deliverables.
- Direct technical oversight to all safety messages such as
Alert Service Bulletins and Maintenance Advisory
Mentor Project Leads and technical specialists on
processes and procedures, product knowledge, aircraft
maintenance policies, and logistic support.
BA/BS degree and 4+ years or 8+ years of experience in
the development of Sikorsky helicopter technical
- Working knowledge of Sikorsky helicopter maintenance
and logistic support.
- Familiarity with Sikorsky Aircraft Maintenance
Management System (SAMS) database.
- Working knowledge of the aircraft provisioning process
as it relates to maintenance manuals.
- Working knowledge of the LSA process as it relates to
- Project Management skills.
- Working knowledge of six sigma tools set, especially
Relentless Root Cause Analysis.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management
Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Communications skills (both written and oral).
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varied size and
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Highly motivated.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to think and operate independently. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Logistics Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.