Staff Proposal Manager
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Staff Proposal Manager
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
We are seeking a Staff Proposal Manager within our Campaign Strategy & Operations Proposal Operations group.
Operating in a fast-paced environment driven by partnerships, deadlines, and wins, you will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams on business development pursuits. This role affords the opportunity to work on programs that require a Top-Secret clearance with significant impacts on our country’s national strategic interests.
This is a great opportunity to apply your expert-level skills to work as a proposal lead, volume lead, and readability reviewer, as well as serve as a mentor for staff assigned to proposals, playing a crucial role in translating themes and organizing teams to achieve award success.
We engage technical specialists and executives to deliver high-quality work products and thrive on the idea of pursuing exciting new opportunities, pulling together exceptional bids, and winning business for Lockheed Martin. You will partner with Capture Managers, Program Managers, and technical resources on new business paths to bring home the win.
• Lead pursuits as Proposal Manager, including responses to draft RFPs, RFPs, RFIs, and other solicitations for some of our most impactful customers to secure new or renewing contracts.
• Manage teams for proposal execution to include staff, consultants, and other resources.
• Own the primary responsibility for the design, development, and delivery of compliant, compelling, customer-focused proposals.
• Support the development, maintenance and implementation of proposal processes, including process documentation, tools, metrics, and training.
• Lead continuous improvement for proposal processes across the team.
• Maintain ongoing relationships through meeting and customer engagement, to ensure we are providing top-tier support to our internal partners.
• Liaise with Technical, Business Development, Contract, and Cost teams to ensure proposal roadmaps are aligned with strategy.
This role will require the flexibility to work a varying schedule with overtime as driven by proposal demands as well as limited travel.
Typically has a Bachelors degree in a related field, or equivalent experience/combined education, with at least 10 years of professional experience; or 8 years with a related Master's degree.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of our many benefits available to you :
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Interested in learning more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package? Click here.
• Six or more years of proposal or project management experience.
• Experience with proposal management processes and procedures.
• Proven experience with technical writing and editing. Demonstrated ability to deliver well-written, audience-specific materials.
• Demonstrated leadership in one or more of the following roles (capture, proposal, program manager, business development, project management) in proposal activities.
• US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain & maintain TS/SCI clearance.
• Proven successful team leadership of teams greater than 10 team members.
• Strong ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and work independently to create real plans to achieve them.
• Ability to work proactively and independently to provide compliant proposal responses and meeting deadlines.
• Strong problem-solving skills; ability to analyze issues and create appropriate tactical plans.
• Meticulous attention to detail: ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar.
• Enthusiasm for serving as a mentor and able to share experiences and knowledge by providing projects and feedback to team members.
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization.
• Comfort working with a broad range of technology tools including SharePoint, Excel, Word, Confluence, and JIRA.
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Demonstrated effectiveness leading diverse and geographically dispersed teams in virtual settings to achieve results.
• Experienced with evaluation notices, customer questions, and/or final proposal revisions (FPR), knowledge of contract management, source selection processes, and/or proposal evaluations.
• Proven successful team leadership experience.
• Experience with cost volumes.
• Strong executive presence and ability to coach and influence others without formal authority.
• Versatility and flexibility in a constantly evolving environment with a wide variety of social styles.
• APMP and/or PMP certification
• Current SCI and/or DOD TS clearance Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Business Development Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.