RF Engineer Senior
Here at Lockheed Martin, our RF Engineers work on a variety of advanced RF applications – those used on the earth, below the earth and above the earth. These range from the world's most advanced fighter aircraft to precision engagement aerospace and defense systems to surface, air and undersea applications to cutting edge space systems. This work encompasses one or more of the following broad RF disciplines: RF Design, RF Systems, Antenna Design, Radar Systems Engineering, RF Signal Processing, MMW/Microwave Design, MMIC Design, Radar Cross-Section Analysis (RCS), Low Observables/Stealth and Electromagnetic Capability/Electromagnetic Interference (EMC/EMI).
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful RF Engineering employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day.
From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
You are a great decision maker who strives to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
You embrace collaboration and are committed to the success of your team.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as technology is constantly changing. Strong technical skills and intellectual depth with a willingness to continually learn from others are important traits.
Working in the RF Engineering space means working together to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
“The RF field is very broad. For example, I work with spacecraft antennas, but I have colleagues that work with missiles and aircraft sensor systems. At any given time, my team is working on 10 or more projects, ranging from antennas that support weather forecasting to connecting warfighters across the globe.”Shane L., RF Engineering Sr. Manager
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer a flexible work schedule.
RF Engineer Senior
Supporting Space Protection Programs (SPP) this RF Engineer will architect and design Radio Frequency systems and circuitry. Design and develop RF circuitry used in high frequency and microwave applications, including receivers, transmitters, antennas, and frequency synthesizers. Responsible for hardware layout, component evaluation, prototype construction, and test. Prepares test methods and specifications; analyzes and tests RF hardware to verify performance characteristics. Provides inputs to Product Development for formal documentation and supports manufacturing during the deliverable assembly and test phase. In addition, develops RF System/Subsystem Architectures consisting of antennas, transmitters, receivers, low noise amplifiers, high power amplifiers, RF conversion elements and transmission line equipment. Performs link analysis and optimization, including effects of propagation medium and possible interference sources. Develops and allocates RF system and subsystem functional and performance requirements. Identifies and tracks RF technical performance measurements (TPMs). Performs RF system/subsystem/component trade studies and CAIV analysis. Supports Life Cycle Costs, reliability, availability, and maintainability analysis.
When you join SPP you will be part of one of the most inventive and fastest moving organizations in Space. Come help build end-to-end Space Security Systems for the DoD and other customers. Our cutting edge capabilities assure the security and health of our nation’s space assets. We push the boundary of what gets done in space. One day people may hear the full story of your achievements. When the history books are written, they may discover the critical role you’ve played to defeat the enemies of freedom. Come be one of the people working quietly to keep the light of liberty shining!
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies?
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Integration & Test of RF components, payloads, and/or subsystems
• Experience developing automated test scripts using Matlab, Python, and/or other programming languages
• Industry experience in the area of RF Test for space applications and other related areas
• Architecture, integration, and test of RF PWBs and communications subsystems.
• RF circuit analysis, using tools such as Agilent ADS (Advanced Design System), Ansys HFSS (High Frequency Structure Simulator), AWR Microwave Office, or similar tool packages.
• Use and Design configurations of RF test equipment such as PNAs and Spectrum analyzers
• Experience working with internal or external customers
• Experience leading an engineering team in the areas of technical execution, cost, and schedule
• Willing and able to obtain TS/SCI security clearance
• Experience with digital/analog coms, algorithms, computer architecture, and developing automated test scripts.
• Antenna design and analysis, using tools such as Altium, Zuken, GRASP (General Responsibility Assignment Software Patterns), HFSS, CST Microwave Studio, or similar tool packages
• Exposure to Electronically Steerable Array architecture concepts and test and space deployment
• RF payload architecture and performance analysis
• TS/SCI clearance Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: RF Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.