Linux System Administrator Sr
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Linux System Administrator Sr
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Our employees are the core of everything we do, and they are helping the future arrive. As a leading technology innovation company, our team of over 100,000 employees work with our partners around the world to bring the latest technology to our customers’ toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
This Enterprise Operations (EO) position supports the Lockheed Martin Space division located in Sunnyvale, CA. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing support to the critical Programs that the Remote Sensing Division are responsible for. This IT professional will ensure that the Lockheed Martin IT systems are managed, controlled, and compliant with the Corporate Information Protection Manuals (CIPM). This includes upgrades, operations and maintenance, Hardware and Software installations, domain accounts, password issues and service requests (Servers, Workstations, and Storage).
In this position the chosen candidate will expand their computer systems skills across servers, workstations, storage, networks, cyber security, and many other aspects. The primary responsibilities will be to perform IT support for the Lockheed Martin Space division located in Denver, CO. The primary support is to classified environments (Top Secret/SCI).
This position provides Linux System Administration services including installation, integration and configuration of Linux and Unix servers, as well as the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Instructions (SOI's) in support of several programs. This includes upgrades, operations and maintenance, Hardware and Software installations, backups and service requests in the support of program area IT environments.
• Candidate must have an active TS/SCI security clearance with an active CI Poly
• U.S. Citizenship required for access to the work facility
• Install/configure Linux operating systems and software applications
• Perform periodic audits of system security settings
• Install operating system security patches and firmware updates
• Create/manage security groups
• Coordinate hardware repair activities
• Schedule and monitor data backups
• Diagnose and resolve hardware/software problems/issues
• Create scripts to automate system administration tasks
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
• Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with a CI Poly
• U.S. Citizenship required for access to the work facility
• Ability to obtain a Security+ certification or better within the first 60 days of employment
• Experience with Operating Systems life cycle management and configuration management (i.e., Installation/Upgrades, System Imaging, Account Management, Print Services, integration with Domain Services, Hardware Modernization, Performance Monitoring, etc.)
• Experience using and administrating Red Had Enterprise Linux
• Experience with vulnerability remediation and security management (i.e., system hardening, log management, configuration management (i.e., Nessus, McAfee, WSUS, SCCM, Ivanti, Shavlik, Blade Logic, Splunk, ACAS, SCAP, HBSS, etc.))
• Knowledge of HP BladeCenter management
• Knowledge of Linux authentication with Active Directory
• Knowledge of VMWare for virtualization of servers
• Knowledge of National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) Requirements
• IT Related Certifications (i.e., MCSE, VMWare, Network+, etc.)
• Knowledge of OpenStack or AWS Experience
• Current Security+ Certification or CISSP
• Knowledge of restoration/storage services (i.e., NetApp/EMC hardware, software, tape management, disaster recovery practices)
• Knowledge of Scripting and Automation (i.e., Ansible, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, Shell Scripting, etc.)
• Knowledge of Contractor Off the Shelf (COTS) software installations and support
• Ability to lift 30 lbs Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICESRelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Information Technology Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.