Guidance, Navigation & Control Staff Engineer
The Guidance Navigation and Control (GNC) engineer at Lockheed Martin will have the opportunity to design, simulate and verify technologies such as missile autopilot, guidance algorithms, inertial target tracking, and Navigation algorithms using Kalman Filters for optimal estimation techniques. They will also have the opportunity to design, simulate and verify precision servo control and pointing algorithms for gimbaled seekers and other sensors as well as various actuators and mechanisms. Modelling and simulation of these systems is performed primarily in Matlab and C++.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful GNC employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
The work so far has been challenging and varied. Overall, it’s been a great job; The people, environment, and benefits are fantastic on top of the work itself.Tim J.
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on position, we offer a flexible work schedule.
Guidance, Navigation & Control Staff Engineer
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want join a culture that inspires employees to think creatively, exceed their own expectations and build incredible products? We provide the resources, support and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Special Programs Remote Sensing Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) team is made up of enthusiastic and talented individuals that design and produce the hardware, algorithms, and software required to solve the challenging problems of controlling these systems in a harsh, zero-g environment. Are you willing to join this team and help solve these challenges in a team environment using your GN&C academic background and experience?
Typically has 9 years of professional experience.
This position requires having a Top Secret Clearance to start.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
• Degree in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline with emphasis in Dynamics and Controls
• Experience with data analysis and programming tools (ex. Matlab/Simulink/C++/Python)
• Demonstrated experience in detailed spacecraft GN&C design & analysis tasks as well as ability to support subsystem trades
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated learner
• TS or SCI clearance at start with the ability and willingness to acquire and maintain a TS/SCI clearance with poly
• Currently possess an active TS/ SCI with Poly
• Experience with flight software development and autocode to C++
• Experience with Matlab/Simulink/C++ and Python
• Familiarity with GN&C hardware suite for space applications
• Understanding of a program life cycle encompassing requirements generation, design, analysis, integration, verification, and testing of the GN&C subsystem for space applications
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative team environment
• Demonstrated good communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Guidance, Navigation and Control Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.