FPGA Verification Engineer, Mid-Career
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
FPGA Verification Engineer, Mid-Career
Description:Take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Sunnyvale, CA!
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems.
Our culture inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products! We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Please join us as a FPGA Verification Engineer, where you will be working within the central ASIC & FPGA Engineering division for Lockheed Martin Space. You will have the opportunity to support over 50 different programs and research and development (R&D) efforts.
Your work will affect technology across military space, civil space, commercial space, missiles, missile defense platforms, satellite surveillance platforms, deep
space exploration, and manned flight missions.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
• Work with low SWaP, radiation hardened, space rated devices.
• Devise a unique verification plan for a given design.
• Use SystemVerilog and Universal Verification Methodology (UVM) to verify a design in a Linux-based high-performance computing environment.
• Develop requirements, test cases, build test benches, generate reports, and document verification results.
• Work with an independent design team to document and resolve bugs found in the design.
• Support all aspects of ASIC and FPGA development, to include architecture, design, and analysis.
• Support technical reviews, and be able to present to internal and external stakeholders.
=== YOU WILL TYPICALLY HAVE: ===
• PhD, 4 - 9 years of professional experience
• Masters Degree, 7 - 12 years of professional experience
• Bachelor's Degree, 9 - 14 years of professional experience
• The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance, thus US Citizenship is required.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor of Science or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Experience in the verification of FPGA and/or ASIC devices.
• HDL programming experience with VHDL, Verilog, and/or SystemVerilog.
• Willing and able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance, thus US Citizenship is required for this position.
• Experience or coursework in the verification of FPGA and/or ASIC devices.
• Experience or coursework with modern verification methodologies such as UVM, OVM or VMM.
• Experience in ASIC / FPGA life cycle (architecture, design, simulation, verification, validation, integration & test).
• FPGA/ASIC design experience is a plus.
• Experienced in scripting such as Perl, TCL, Python.
• Experience developing test cases based off given requirements.
• Experience building test benches for FPGA / ASIC designs to provide randomized stimulus.
• Experience identifying and implementing necessary test exclusions.
• Experience generating coverage reports (code and functional)
• Experience or knowledge of MS Project, JIRA.
• Experience leading projects of multiple engineers, managing schedules. prioritizing work and actively communicating with internal or external stakeholders.
• Knowledge of space-grade/qualified FPGAs and ASICs.
• Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
• Experience mentoring junior engineers. Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration. Clearance Level: Top Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings. "Pay Rate:
The annual base salary range for this position in California or New York City is $122,300 - $230,500 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
This position is incentive plan eligible."
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits. Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Electronics Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.