Fault Management & MBSE Engineer
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Fault Management & MBSE Engineer
Come join Lockheed Martin's Special Programs Remote Sensing (RS) Engineering Team. This diverse team has been a primary provider of national Remote Sensing capabilities for over 50+ years. As part of our team you will get to build products that elevate the mission and be are a trusted partner for critical national capabilities.
You will join an elite team of Systems Engineers creating new and innovative methods for designing and capturing system level Concept of Operations (CONOPS). Be a part of the Digital Transformation. The successful candidate will lead the development of Fault Management Plan using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approaches.
As a Fault Management & MBSE Engineer, you will:
• Develop cutting edge technical capabilities for our customers while simultaneously developing the groundbreaking model-based systems engineering methods used to create them
• Lead the development of the Space Vehicle Fault Management Plan and Functional Failure Analysis (FFA) Documentation utilizing Agile and Model Based Systems Engineering
• Coordinate an integrated solution between Systems Engineering, Hardware and Software teams
• Lead and develop innovative tools and methods for interfacing and automating tasks with Cameo MBSE software
• Lead, participate in, coordinate, and present material at working groups, design reviews, and technical product reviews
-This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a U.S. Citizen
• Bachelors degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related subject area, or equivalent experience
• Experience with one or more Systems Engineering functions including:
a) System trade studies, CONOPS, and/or System modeling
b) Requirements, Interface Control Document (ICD), or Interface Definition Document (IDD) development
c) System Integration, Fault Management, Test and/or Verification
d) Test planning and execution with an understanding of all the interdependencies
• Active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to maintain
7+ years experience with spacecraft architecture design, development, integration, test, with knowledge of space, missile and launch systems at the component through system level
• Experience leading diverse technical teams
• Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
• Experience in the development of Fault Management architectures and Functional Failure Analysis (FFA). Ability to coordinate the integration of these concepts into the software environment
• Knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering tools (Cameo, Rhapsody, etc)
• Experience with a software scripting/programming language (e.g. Python, HTML, Matlab, Visual Basic, C/C++, etc.)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences of varying technical knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker with the ability to select and apply appropriate systems thinking skills to solve problems and implement constructive change
• Active TS/SCI w/Poly security clearance with the ability to maintain Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: System Architecture Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.