Facilities Project Management / Construction Management (mid-career)
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Facilities Project Management / Construction Management (mid-career)
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing team is on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin Space builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most…that’s what we do. Our satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you? At Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach.
Virtually every Space mission success starts with a strong foundation of facility infrastructure design, construction, and execution management, performed risk free in support of business needs without interruption. As a Facilities Project Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to use your education and experience to take on interesting challenges and become an integral part of our team as we build new or redesign current, state of the art engineering and affiliated facilities. We operate in a dynamic environment to stay ahead of facility infrastructure needs and construction project innovations. Such projects include anechoic & thermal vacuum chamber test areas, critical manufacturing & assembly areas, technology support operations centers and cutting-edge customer demonstration capabilities to name a few. We use innovative approaches that will help facilitate our ability to achieve mission success.
Our facility in Sunnyvale, CA seeks a mid-career level Facilities Project Management/Construction Manager to join our mission. As a Facilities Quick Build Project Manager/Construction Manager at Lockheed Martin Space’s Bay Area Campuses, you will provide project management and construction support in the Facilities Operations & Services Plant Operations and Services Organization.
Summary of Key Duties: In this role you will…
• Provide project management/construction management oversight of small construction, renovation, and modernization projects
• Serve as a technical point of contact for drafting SOW’s, interfacing with procurement, leading project design reviews, contractor bid evaluations, managing budgets and schedules
• Perform construction management and contractor oversight support
• Provide technical review of documents in addition to technical support to the facilities organization
• Utilize knowledge to assess project requirements and provide solutions to reduce cost and schedule risk and improve reliability and operational capabilities
• Coordinate with internal customers and supporting entities representing Procurement, Fire Safety, Environmental Safety & Health, Security, Quality Control Mission Success, Outside Vendors, Energy Management, etc.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 10-15 years of experience.
Join us. Let’s do Space!
• Bachelors degree in Facilities Management, Facilities Project Management, Facilities Construction Management or Civil, Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college/university. Candidates who have equivalent experience/combined education will also be considered.
• 8-10 years of relevant Facilities Management, Project Management, and/or Construction Management
• Must be a United States citizen and able to obtain and retain a Top Secret clearance (clearance paperwork must be submitted in a timely fashion upon beginning employment)
• Active Top Secret security clearance
• Microsoft Office software experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
• Ability to work in dynamic/collaborative environment
• Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
Knowledge of, or classroom experience with:
• Read/interpret engineering drawings
• Relevant building and construction codes/Standards
• Technical writing and communication skills
• Budget & schedule management
• CAD software (AutoCAD or other drafting programs) Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Facilities Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.