Facilities Building Automation Controls Engineer Asc
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Facilities Building Automation Controls Engineer Asc
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing team is on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters! Lockheed Martin Space builds satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most…that’s what we do. Our satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you? At Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking approach, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Sunnyvale, CA has an immediate opportunity for an entry-level Facilities Engineer to join our mission. Virtually every Space mission success starts with a thorough foundation of facility infrastructure design, construction, and execution management, which is performed risk-free in support of business needs without interruption. As a member of our Facilities team, you’ll have the opportunity to use your education and experience to tackle exciting challenges and become a crucial part of our organization as we create new, or redesign current, state-of-the-art engineering facilities. We operate in a dynamic environment to stay ahead of our infrastructure needs and construction project innovations. Such projects include anechoic thermal vacuum chamber test areas, critical manufacturing assembly areas, technology support operations centers, and cutting-edge customer demonstration capabilities to name a few. In this role, you’ll use creative approaches that will help facilitate our ability to achieve mission results.
What will your day involve? You will…
• Work to build, operate, and maintain the site’s building automation control systems for controlling HVAC mechanical, lighting, and power monitoring
• Train Plant Operations staff on mechanical system preventive maintenance processes and procedures and how to use building automation systems as a diagnostic tool
• Coordinate strategic maintenance programs for facility infrastructure equipment in the Bay Area facilities
• Utilize engineering knowledge to assess current systems operating conditions and required corrective action to restore reliable operational capabilities
• Examine data trends for plant efficiency improvement opportunities
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 0-2 years of experience.
Join us. Let’s do Space!
• Must have a completed Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical, or Facilities Engineering or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Must have work or classroom experience with architectural floor plans, engineering drawings, interpret service manuals, mechanical diagrams, and/or schematics.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a Top Secret government security clearance.
•Prior internship experience in a Facilities environment
• Knowledge of building automation control systems programming, commissioning, project management, graphics creation, etc.
• Must be able to understand block diagrams and control systems, including PID controls.
• Experience using AutoCAD and Microsoft Visio.
• Experience with field controls wiring and troubleshooting, including 4-20 mA, 0-10 VDC
• Experience with basic networking
• Experience with communication protocols associated with building automation systems (Bacnet, LONtalk, Modbus)
• Able to perform historical equipment failure data analysis to target improvement efforts.
• Application of root cause analysis as a tool to improve asset care.
• Knowledge of HVAC mechanical systems including centrifugal chillers, direct expansion cooling units, hot water/steam boiler systems and electric and gas-fired humidification systems.
• Experience coordinating strategic maintenance programs for manufacturing/test and facility equipment
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Facilities Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.