Electrical Design Integration Systems Engineer
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Electrical Design Integration Systems Engineer
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Come join Lockheed Martin's Special Programs (SP) Remote Sensing (RS) Engineering Team – an elite team that has been a primary provider of national Remote Sensing capabilities for over 50 years. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills, talents, and experience to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence, and build incredible products? As part of our team, you will build products to support critical cutting-edge national capabilities. One day the world may hear the full story of your achievements and discover the critical role you’ve played to defend freedom and democracy. Come see what SP-RS is about.
In this role, you will:
• Support system-level electrical design integration including power, data, signal, high speed digital serial links
• Work with segment and subsystem CPEs, RSEs, and subcontractors to define electrical interface requirements and ensure compatibility across the system
• Lead electrical working groups and help establish ICDs, verification plans, and integration risk reduction activities
• Perform system compatibility analysis and help ensure IPTs do so
• Establish data, signal, and power allocation budgets to ensure sufficient system performance margins
• Collaborate with CPEs and the harness design group to establish pin-to-pin function lists
• Support System Test, ATLO, and subsystem RSEs/CPEs during integration and test phase, including leading anomaly investigations
• Drive implementation of Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) to increase program agility
- This position requires the selected candidate to be a U.S. Citizen with active Top Secret security clearance
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Systems Engineering, or closely related subject area, or equivalent Electrical Engineering experience
• Demonstrated experience with spacecraft architecture design, development, and integration
• Experience with electrical system/subsystem/component electrical design and integration functions
• Collaborating experience with multidisciplinary engineering teams (Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Test, etc.) to define electrical interface requirements
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and tackle numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Current Top Secret security clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering processes and Systems Integration functions including one or more of the following
― System modeling
― Design reviews, Test, and Verification
― Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
• Significant experience with high-speed data interfaces including specifying and testing high-speed (>1 Gbps) digital serial links (SERDES, XAUI, SRIO, etc.)
• Specification and verification of data link parameters such as BER, eye-diagrams, etc. using high-speed test equipment
• FPGA/ASIC RTL development experience (lab/development kit environment, Microchip Libero)
• Software development using various models and simulation tools (Labview, C++, Python)
• Requirements definition and verification plans development including planning and execution of test requirements at component, subsystem, and system levels
• Familiarity or proficiency in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) development and implementation using engineering tools like STK, Cameo, Rhapsody, etc.
• Experience with scripting/programming languages (e.g. Python, Matlab, Visual Basic, C/C++, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships across diverse multidisciplinary engineering teams
• Demonstrated ability to select and apply appropriate systems engineering concepts to solve problems and implement constructive change
• Active TS/SCI w/Poly security clearance Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Other Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.