Cost Account Manager
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cost Account Manager
- Participate in the negotiation of the scope of work for the control account (CA) and document the results in the WBS dictionary and Control Account Work Authorization (CAWA).
- Negotiate the schedule for the CA and document the results on the CAWA.
Negotiate the total lump-sum budget for the CA and document the results on the CAWA.
- Subdivide the work (scope) within the CA into work packages as needed to establish adequate division of work and definition of work.
- Prepare and maintain detail network schedules within work packages identifying the logic network activities required to accomplish the work package.
- Establish and maintain resource requirements for each activity, being careful that total planned resources do not exceed the CA budget.
- Identify the earned value measurement technique o be used for each activity.
- Document the time-phased resource-loaded schedule activities and their assigned earned value measurement technique as a the work package and CA performance Measurement Baseline.
- Provide the remaining duration and remaining resource requirements for all in-process and future activities weekly.
- Conduct weekly reviews of plans and accomplishments including the recording of progress on activities a, the identification and analysis of variances, and the analysis of the estimate to complete developed from the remaining duration and resource requirements.
- Authorize, direct, and control work within the work packages or identify work package managers who will manage the work packages.
- Negotiate significant variance thresholds for the CA and monitor variances against the thresholds.
- Prepare Variance Analysis Reports as required.
- Develop, implement and manage corrective actions at the activity level in the current version of the plan taking care not to disturb the baseline.
-Identify and baseline scope, schedule or budget changes when required and submit Baseline Change Requests as described in the change control policy.
- Prepare and present to leadership status on Earned Value Management metrics
Minimum 2-3 years of Earned Value Management experience. Experience on an ACAT 1 Full Criteria Program is a plus.
Fluent in MS Office Products especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Ability to work and integrate with technical team members to understand all aspects of the product being developed/produced and the earned value implications.
Familiarity with Sikorsky Earned Value System with knowledge of Lockheed Martin Earned value system preferred.
Versed in MS Project or Primavera Project Management.
Intermediate & Depot Level IETM development experience.
53K Planning/CAM experience
Minimum 2-3 years of Earned Value Management experience. Experience on an ACAT 1 Full Criteria Program is a plus Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a Lockheed Martin designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a Lockheed Martin office for periodic meetings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Program Planning Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.