Waterfront & Field Installation Engineer / AEGIS / San Diego
San Diego, California
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Waterfront & Field Installation Engineer / AEGIS / San Diego
San Diego, California
What does this role look like?
Waterfront Installation Engineer overseeing installation of upgrades on US AEGIS DDG and CG Class ships. Will be responsible for the following duties:
• Ship checks of the combat systems equipment and related support systems equipment
• Provide assistance / resolution to Engineering Groups (Lockheed Martin, Government, Shipyards, and other Government Contractors) related to equipment installation and design issues
• Troubleshoot technical problems and issues, determine technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommend actions to company or customer representatives for product solution
• Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications, and provide recommendations to project managers
• Conducts installation briefing with customers, vendors and company representatives
• Oversee and ensure Quality Assurance for the shipboard installation of combat systems equipment
• Conduct inspections of combat system equipment and cabling during installation to identify problems and provide solutions
• Install equipment ORDALT upgrades and remove products ensuring engineering field change completion on AEGIS Weapon System
• Act as local on-site representative to customer organization
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Position requires 60% or more travel to Moorestown, NJ; San Diego, CA; Mayport, FL; Bath, ME; Pascagoula, MS; Pearl Harbor, HI; Yokosuka, Japan; Rota, Spain
• This position requires shift work, brief at-sea periods and periodic travel supporting fleet emergent requirements and equipment installation events or issues. It will require working flex hours, overtime, and on occasion weekends and holidays
• Ability to read and comprehend production drawings
• Ability to read and comprehend military specifications for electrical and optical cable, connectors and backshells, and system design, integration and integrity testing
• Familiarity or prior experience with leading installation teams in an industrial environment
• Ability to work safely in an industrial environment, wear applicable PPE, and climb shipboard or drydock ladders
• Good verbal and written communication skills, strong initiative characteristics, and exceptional teaming skills
• Ability to work in a diverse corporate / cultural team environment. Candidate will interface daily with Government Customers, Shipyards, State and local safety officials, Regional Maintenance Centers, and USN Ships’ force
• Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance, which requires US Citizenship
• BS in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering preferred
• Prior experience as an installation engineer in ship repair facilities or equivalent industrial environments
• Prior experience with Alteration Installation Team (AIT) installation and/or testing of BMD 3.6 and 4.0 upgrades on AEGIS CG and DDG class ships
• Prior experience with equipment engineering change installation (Field Changes, Engineering Changes, ORDALTs, SHIPALTs, Field Modification Bulletins)
• Prior operational experience in the AEGIS Fleet, or prior USN experience interacting with AITs during upgrades/repair
• Knowledge of Military Specifications and Standards related to bonding and grounding of equipment on Navy Ships, MIL-STD-1310, MIL –STD-1399, MIL-STD-901D (shock), and ship cooling systems/components
• Familiarity with the US Navy Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM) and NAVSEA Technical Specification 9090-310 - Ship Alteration Accomplishment by Installation Teams
• Familiarity with the latest applicable Military Specifications for electrical and optical cable, connector, backshell, and cable plant design, integration, and integrity testing
• Prior experience inspecting shipboard cableways, cable transits/penetrations, and cable installations Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leaderSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Miscellaneous Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.