Senior Cyber Intelligence Analyst
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Senior Cyber Intelligence Analyst
Lockheed Martin’s Cyber Intel Analyst Senior will work within a globally dispersed team of intelligence analysts with the mission of defending the enterprise’s computing assets. Lockheed Martin is a global aerospace, defense, security, and advanced technologies company with global interests. As the world’s largest defense contractor, Lockheed Martin’s computing environment stretches to every continent and houses cutting edge intellectual property.
This role will be an integral part of Lockheed Martin’s Computer Incident Response Team (LM-CIRT) and will work in the Global Defense and Intelligence Mission Area. This role is responsible for defending the enterprise against network intrusion activity originating from criminal and nation state adversaries. It is focused on supporting effective execution of operational workflows, analytical completeness, enhancing tradecraft, and implementing resilient countermeasures.
The ideal candidate for this position has proven experience working in highly effective global teams, is an advanced analyst in the cyber security realm, is proficient in incident response activities and has a passion for innovation and collaboration. The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Computer network defense and incident response
• Documentation of analysis at an operational level
• Ensuring analysis and remediation efforts across the enterprise are followed through to completion
• Leading initiatives, analytical research and hardening across the enterprise
• Advanced Threat Actor campaign development
• Creation and maintenance of resilient detections and countermeasures
• Consistent and effective communication across the team and the wider organization
• Managing priorities and workloads with established accountability to deliverables
LM-CIRT consists of a geographically dispersed global workforce serving mission excellence from four strategically located Security Intelligence Centers (SIC). The members of LM-CIRT include a combination of analysts and technologists, with varying backgrounds and specialties, practicing the core tenets of Intelligence Drive Defense (IDD). CIRT’s mission is governed by principles including IDD, advanced counter measures, agile development of custom technologies, and cross industry collaboration.
Lockheed Martin sets the global standard in enterprise cyber security.
**Work will be remote pending approval to return to our offices.**
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance
• 6 to 8 years of experience in computer network defense or related field
• Excellent technical knowledge of large-scale computer network environments
• Demonstrated background using computer network defense tools, processes, and tradecraft.
• Experience in a broad spectrum of technologies including tap and aggregation, intrusion detection systems, security information and event management, and forensic tools.
• Demonstrated excellence in technical writing and communication
• History of success scaling cyber initiatives in large-scale, globally dispersed and highly collaborative environments
• Demonstrated experience with in-depth security log analysis
• Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining custom detection capabilities using programming and development expertise, including Python, Shell scripting, and regular expressions
• Reverse engineering of malware
• Demonstrated proficiency with SIEM and Enterprise Security technologies
• Experience with Cloud technologies and services
• Experience developing, host and network-based security technologies, machine learning algorithms, and working proficiency in detection platforms such as Yara.
• Knowledge of DoD SCIF, IC and related network security policies and environments
• Current active TS/SCI access
• Proficiency in Unix/Linux command line
• Critical thinking aptitude in one or more of the following areas: practical cyber intelligence methodologies, development of custom intelligence techniques, uncovering targeted threat activity in large datasets, or subject matter expertise in applicable analytical areas (geospatial intelligence, linguistics, geopolitical intelligence, data science, etc.) Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICESRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Intelligence Analyst Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.