Programmer - Early Career Associate Degree
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Programmer - Early Career Associate Degree
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our outstanding people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you! Going to space is just the beginning. It's what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for government and commercial customers. Connecting people. Advancing discovery...and protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide.
As we look to the future, we're driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That's why we're crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit, so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. And as that mission evolves, we'll be ready.
Please note: This is an non-exempt hourly position best suited for an individual who is currently enrolled or has graduated from a 2 -year associate degree program in a technical or STEM discipline in the past 1 to 5 years.
As a Programmer, you would be working with experienced engineers creating solutions which will enable NASA to continue to explore deep space, provide the next generation of Global Positioning Satellites (GPS), or provide support to the U.S. Intelligence Community. Lockheed Martin Space is building the spacecraft that enable these missions and more. The following are examples of duties that may be included:
- Providing qualified embedded flight software to meet program needs
- Supporting the full life-cycle development of spacecraft flight software solutions following the program Software Development Plan (SDP) to include requirements analysis, object oriented analysis & design, code and unit test, integration, and support to formal test / delivery.
- Performing object oriented analysis and design
- Generating engineering documentation, reports, drawings, and flow charts
- Completing the coding and unit level testing
- Supporting the final system integration and testing, generating the required documents for assembly delivery
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy as an employee of Lockheed Martin:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k Retirement Plans
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Tuition Reimbursement
Candidates should be local to the Lockheed Martin Space facilities to be considered.
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Assurance and Cyber Security or related field.
- Currently enrolled and/or graduating with a related STEM Associate Degree
- Early career talent with 0-5 years of work experience
- Should not be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree as this is a full-time entry role
- Basic understanding of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) principles as well as the ability to interpret, generate, and present technical material and problem solve
- Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail to create high-quality work products
- Ability to work in an Agile environment and handle multiple priorities and internal customers
- Desire to continually learn, ambition to proactively address challenges, and aspiration to work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to obtain security clearance
Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Familiar with real-time development environments and languages (C, C++).
- Experience with Python, Matlab, Simulink, R, or equivalent data science toolsets
- Experience or classroom knowledge with embedded software / hardware
- Network experience – LAN/WAN/TCP/IP Protocol
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, scrum master and use of Jira boards
- Information Security Domain knowledge
- Database experience – SQL/NoSQL Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.missingAbility to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Standard Monday to Friday 40 hour work weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: 2 yr Jr CollegeBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Miscellaneous Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.