Data Scientist Asc - Intern
Rochester, New York
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Data Scientist Asc - Intern
Rochester, New York
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:Define and develop. Code and test. Integrate and sustain. Whatever it is you like most about the software life cycle, we are working on it every day. We are seeking talented engineers to join our team to help develop many best-in-class products and solutions in our Rotary & Mission Systems business area.
What You'll Do:
Performs exploratory research and analysis to identify novel and meaningful patterns in data and uses statistical methods to reject or accept proposed hypotheses about relationships or latent predictive factors discovered through their work to provide business value. Uses a combination of tools, technologies, and numerical computing systems (i.e.: GPU processing, distributed computing, highly parallel coding, cloud computing, machine learning, visualization, system modelling and simulation) to achieve results. Areas of expertise should include several of the following: applied statistics, text mining, natural language processing, deep learning, optimization, and other similar fields.
- Experience using Python
- Interest in working on datasets with applied statistics and machine learning algorithms
- Interest in exploratory data analysis techniques to identify meaningful relationships, patterns, or trends from complex data sets and discover opportunities in datasets to support decision-making
- Interest in developing predictive models and new algorithms to solve data / business problems
- Understand the math and statistics behind the models and interpret, extrapolate, and prescribe from data to deliver actionable recommendations using effective visualizations
- Visualize and communicate findings and provide a quantitative framework for evaluating and analyzing alternatives
Foundational understanding of a broad set of tools to be able to apply the right tool to each data exploration activity. Tools could include, for example:
- Descriptive and Predictive modeling
- Machine Learning (supervised and unsupervised)
- Advanced statistics and statistical modeling
- Time series analysis and forecasting
- Optimization and simulation
- Communication, story-telling and visualization
- Distributed computing (Hadoop)
- Importing, cleaning, and transforming datasets
- Data warehousing
- Critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Data preparation and transformation
- Languages: Python, Pig, Hive, Spark, SQL Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.missingAbility to Work Remotely: Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a Lockheed Martin designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a Lockheed Martin office for periodic meetings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Co-op/Summer InternBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Data Science Type: Part-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.