Technical Publications S1000D Writer (Level 2)Apply Now Job ID: 533382BR Date posted: Aug. 11, 2020 Locations: Palmdale, California | Fort Worth, Texas
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
The one and only Skunk Works® has a 75-year track record developing aircraft systems that push the boundaries and raise the bar of what is possible. Known for responding quickly and quietly to national needs, the Skunk Works is a trusted partner focused on the warfighters’ mission success. By never shying away from the seemingly unsolvable challenge, the Skunk Works team has developed a reputation for solving hard problems quickly, quietly and at or under cost and schedule requirements.
This position is to develop and author interactive electronic technical publications (IETP) for complex military aeronautics systems. It requires experience developing military aeronautics technical publications that might include flight manuals and maintenance manuals.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Effectively work with multiple engineering, software, supportability, flight test, and logistics disciplines.
• Participate in a small technical writing team, developing the design and production of IETP, and writing and revising flight manuals and flight checklists.
The successful candidate will have general experience and knowledge of aircraft operation and maintenance, being able to leverage that experience in planning and decision-making. Working independently, they will develop and field technically accurate technical documentation for complex systems. Experience in verification and certification of technical publications is a plus, as well as the ability to interpret engineering drawings, commercial technical manuals, technical drawings, and schematics.
A level 2 employee Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position can be in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
or the position can be in Fort Worth, TX Discover Fort Worth.
Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a security clearance, as the position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Prior experience writing or using Technical Publications
• Experience effectively presenting technical data to internal and external customers at milestone reviews
• Ability to effectively work with multiple engineering, software, supportability, flight test, and logistics disciplines to develop highly accurate technical manuals
• Ability to interface and collaborate with customer program management and end-user flight and maintenance personnel
• Broad experience with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat and Distiller, BroadVision QuickSilver, and XML editing software tools
• General experience integrating Isometric illustrations or other graphical illustrations into an interactive electronic technical manual format
• Self-starter and able to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic work environment
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: YesCareer Area: Publications and Graphic ArtsType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: no Shift: First Apply Now
Together, Let's Change The World for the Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.