Technical Publications Lead - Level 4
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Technical Publications Lead - Level 4
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
The one and only Skunk Works® has a 75-year track record developing aircraft systems that push the boundaries and raise the bar of what is possible. Known for responding quickly and quietly to national needs, the Skunk Works is a trusted partner focused on the warfighters’ mission success. By never shying away from the seemingly unsolvable challenge, the Skunk Works team has developed a reputation for solving hard problems quickly, quietly and at or under cost and schedule requirements.
This position is to complete development and authoring of maintenance instructions for a complex aircraft. It requires experience developing aeronautics technical publications. The platform is a single-copy prototype with limited support budget.
At the end of this project, candidate will be expected to transition to lead writer position in one of several on-going programs requiring a clearance. Therefore, while a clearance is not required for the immediate project, ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required for full-time employment.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Work in a fast-paced development environment to proactively acquire information required to perform their tasks.
• Effectively work with multiple engineering, flight test and customer support representatives.
• Utilize Engineering technical data, such as System Check-Outs and System Descriptions almost exclusively, to develop maintenance instructions using QuickSilver desktop publisher.
• Work closely with customer representatives to exceed expectations within scope of the program.
The successful candidate will have general experience and knowledge of aircraft operation and maintenance, being able to leverage that experience in planning and decision-making. Working independently, they will develop and deliver technically accurate technical documentation for complex systems. Experience in verification and certification of technical publications is a plus, as well as the ability to interpret engineering drawings, commercial technical manuals, technical drawings, and schematics.
A level 4 employee Typically has 7 - 9 years of professional experience.
Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a security clearance, as the position is located at a facility that requires special access.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
• Experience developing and authoring electronic technical publications
• Experience conceptualizing and designing isometric illustrations for maintenance tasks.
• Experience interfacing with operational and maintenance personnel in dynamic operational work environments
• Experience presenting advanced technical concepts to customers
• Experience integrating Isometric illustrations or other graphical illustrations into an interactive electronic technical manual format.
• Experience developing flight and maintenance manuals and crew checklists for aircraft.
• Experience establishing and defining S1000D Functionality Matrixes and Business Rules
• Experience using Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat and Distiller, QuickSilver, CATIA, CATIA Composer , and XML editing software tools
• Self-starter and able to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic work environment
• Knowledgeable in element and attribute XML tagging, applicability, change management, and data conversion for S1000D-compliant interactive electronic publications Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Publications and Graphic Arts Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.