Systems Engineering Associate Manager (ADP)
Palmdale, California; Fort Worth, Texas
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Systems Engineering Associate Manager (ADP)
Palmdale, California; Fort Worth, Texas
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
For more than a decade, Lockheed Martin Skunk Works has worked alongside the Department of Defense to develop architectures, mature critical technologies, and explore concepts of operations that will enable Multi-Domain Operations.
This position is with the Skunk Works Mission Systems Subsystems team located in Palmdale, CA or Fort Worth, TX (dependent on candidate location). The Systems Engineering Associate Manager is focused on Systems and Subsystems Design, Supplier Management and Integration & Test activities across various programs.
The selected candidate will lead a high performing team of engineers in accomplishment of defining high level requirements, requirements decomposition, flow down, authoring specifications and statements of work, design, integration & test, and verification & validation of Mission Systems and Avionics. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee work assignments, performance assessment, salary, recruitment, selection and training, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
This position will require special access; candidate must be able to obtain a secret clearance.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA or Fort Worth, TX
Discover Fort Worth.
- Technical / STEM related degree
- Experience as a lead or manager for a project or program
- Experience working with design and development of mission systems and subsystem avionics
Leadership or program management experience preferred. Ability to perform or learn the following tasks:
- Hire and develop staff to meet long term vision of business requirements
- Participate in, oversee, and manage engineers, making functional assignments for best use of the staff to support all Advanced Development Program needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate Culture of Accountability long term vision within team
- Ensure critical resources are applied in alignment with overall business priorities and coordinate staffing changes with appropriate Program Organizations - Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics - Strong decision making and judgment
- Independent and self-motivated
Other Desired Team Based skills:
- Experience working as a member of a multi-
- Knowledge of the systems engineering development
lifecycle and associated processes
- Experience with cross-functional teams focused on
design, fabrication, installation and testing of avionic
- Experience with Agile development methodologies Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Other Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.