Systems Engineer Manager - ADP Mission Systems I&TApply Now Job ID: 523626BR Date posted: Apr. 15, 2020 City: PalmdaleState: California Program: ADP-MS
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Programs) is looking for world class talent to be a part of a team that will carry on our tradition making history in advanced aircraft development.
This position is the ADP ISR Integration and Test Manager in Palmdale, California. Responsibilities include:
• ADP program work force management (re-assignments and placements, recruitment and selection of new employees and terminations) and personnel management (training, mentoring, career development, performance and compensation, and promotions).
• Management responsibility will include significant collaboration with ADP Programs, Aeronautics Programs, other Business Units, and Industry. The successful candidate will be expected to support communications with all levels of employees, customers, and industry from engineer up to executive. Strong skills in conflict resolution, proactive communication, building collaborative relationships and other “soft skills” are desired.
• Support pursuit and management of internal and customer sponsored technology roadmaps.
• Interface with LM Aero, other LM business units and external customers and suppliers to develop new technologies and transition them to LM Aero programs.
• Support technical execution and leadership of Mission Systems & Software portfolio IRAD and CRAD projects, including existing efforts aimed at advancing the mission capabilities of our manned and unmanned systems.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with previous skills and experience managing groups of engineers. The candidate must have a good understanding of Avionics, Mission Systems and Subsystems Development. The ideal candidate will understand cost and schedule drivers in support of their engineers on a program in order to find and drive solutions. Previous experience executing highly dynamic projects within short timelines while meeting/exceeding earned value objectives is desired.
Some travel may be required.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Candidates must possess an active DoD Secret clearance to start, and have the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance with SAP/SAR.
• Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
• Bachelors or above degree
• Experience working in Systems Engineering
• Experience with Mission Systems
• Experience with Integration and Test
• Experience working on ADP programs
• Ability to work with different engineering disciplines.
• Experience working in technical teams across a virtual environment.
• Knowledge of Open Mission Systems standard and UCI message set.
• Demonstrated success shaping and leading a diverse team in a dynamic business environment.
• Demonstrated strong skills in conflict resolution, proactive communication, building collaborative relationships.
• Ability to develop detailed plans in support of technical assignments.
• Excellent presentation skills and must be able to convey focused messages to internal senior leadership and external customers.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and written.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: YesCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Assembly/Integration and TestClearance Level: Top SecretType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: noWork Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su offShift: First Apply Now
Together, Let's Change The World for the Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.