Subcontract Management Senior - Level 3Apply Now Job ID: 531667BR Date posted: Jul. 10, 2020 City: PalmdaleState: California Program: ADP - Palmdale
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
This exciting position is with our historic Skunk Works program. Skunk Works is an integral part of Lockheed's Aeronautics business area responsible for advanced systems development including conceptual design and rapid prototyping of clean sheet solutions and improvements and derivatives to existing systems. The ideal skunk is an agile, multi-faceted teammate who loves to solve our customer's most difficult challenges. Some of our unclassified projects include the U-2, SR-71 Blackbird, F-22 Raptor, F-117 Nighthawk, and the F-35 Lightning II. Learn more about some of the incredible things we do here.
Come join the Skunk Works Supply Chain team! This Subcontract Management Senior position entails supplier source selection, purchase order placement and administration. Duties include:
• Cost/price analysis, negotiations, documentation, purchase order maintenance and interface with functional organizations and supplier management
• Development of subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services
• Preparation of bid packages, conducting bidders' conferences, analysis and evaluation of proposals, negotiating subcontract provisions
• Selecting or recommending subcontractors, writing awards, and administering resulting subcontracts.
• Negotiating and coordinating additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
• Procurement of build to print detail parts and assemblies from engineering drawings in support of various aircraft programs.
• Sourcing and purchasing machinery, equipment, tooling, raw material, packaging material, parts, services and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization.
• Participating with contracts administration and purchasing to develop new concepts, techniques and standards in subcontract policies and procedures.
• Developing solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
In order to be considered for this position, you will need to possess an active and current Top Secret security clearance.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
Active Top Secret Security Clearance
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Experience in Supply Chain, Procurement, as a Buyer or Subcontract Management.
Experience in build to print or build specifications procurement
Experience in major systems procurement
Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Experience with Systems, Applications and Processes (SAP)
Experience with FAR/DFAR
Excellent Communication Skills (verbal, written and presentation)
Ability to multi-task with follow-up and follow through
Ability to organize and prioritize assignments
Ability to work independently or in a team environment
Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
Capable of making business based decision
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Purchasing/Procurement/Supply ChainType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: no Shift: First Apply Now
Together, Let's Change The World for the Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.