Sr. Skunk Works RF Engineer
Here at Lockheed Martin, our RF Engineers work on a variety of advanced RF applications – those used on the earth, below the earth and above the earth. These range from the world's most advanced fighter aircraft to precision engagement aerospace and defense systems to surface, air and undersea applications to cutting edge space systems. This work encompasses one or more of the following broad RF disciplines: RF Design, RF Systems, Antenna Design, Radar Systems Engineering, RF Signal Processing, MMW/Microwave Design, MMIC Design, Radar Cross-Section Analysis (RCS), Low Observables/Stealth and Electromagnetic Capability/Electromagnetic Interference (EMC/EMI).
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful RF Engineering employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day.
From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
You are a great decision maker who strives to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
You embrace collaboration and are committed to the success of your team.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as technology is constantly changing. Strong technical skills and intellectual depth with a willingness to continually learn from others are important traits.
Working in the RF Engineering space means working together to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
“The RF field is very broad. For example, I work with spacecraft antennas, but I have colleagues that work with missiles and aircraft sensor systems. At any given time, my team is working on 10 or more projects, ranging from antennas that support weather forecasting to connecting warfighters across the globe.”Shane L., RF Engineering Sr. Manager
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer a flexible work schedule.
Sr. Skunk Works RF Engineer
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:For more than 76 years, Skunk Works has created revolutionary aircraft and technologies that push the boundaries of what is possible. What has been key to Skunk Works’ success? A group of “Skunks” – some of the most innovative, strategic and visionary thinkers around.
The RF Engineer will conduct research and development efforts associated with Low Observable (LO) antennas, radomes, frequency selective surface (FSS), and LO hardware integration. The candidate will provide technical support to internal research and development (IRAD) and contracted research and development (CRAD) projects, help drive technology development directions, and shape RF technology development roadmap. In addition to technical responsibilities: system-level radome and antenna performance roll-up, low observable radome and antenna performance verification, and full/large scale fixture design/test are all part of the selected candidate’s responsibilities.
The successful candidate is expected to have in-depth understanding of electromagnetic theory; knowledge in RF hardware prototyping/manufacturing; and possess experience in the design of radomes, antennas or other LO hardware. Strong background and experience in the field of RADAR cross section (RCS) reduction of radomes and antennas is preferred. Expertise in radome/antenna/RF hardware integration on air vehicles is highly desirable. Demonstrated hands-on expertise in standard industry tools such as HFSS or CST Microwave Studio, and MATLAB is preferred.
This position requires concise presentations to customers and engineers on concepts, development, and engineering trade study results. Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
This position is in Palmdale, CA.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent Required
• Antenna or Radome Design and Integration Experience
• RF Modeling and Test Experience
• Currently holds a Secret/TS clearance
• Strong background in the field of Electromagnetics and Radar Cross Section (RCS) reduction of antennas and radomes
• Working knowledge of industry design and analysis tools such as HFSS, CST Microwave Studio, FEKO, MatLab, Knowbell and XPatch
• Excellent communication skills, as position requires interfacing with internal and external customers to report technical and scheduling status
• Experience leading teams and interfacing with external customers and basic project management skill sets desired
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Active Secret Clearance desired Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: YesCareer Area: RF Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.