Software Quality Engineer Sr Staff (Level 4)
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Software Quality Engineer Sr Staff (Level 4)
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:$25,000 SIGNING BONUS!!
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
As a Skunk, you will work on revolutionary aircraft and technologies that push the boundaries of what is possible by joining the team building the world’s most experimental aircraft and breakthrough technologies in abject secrecy at a pace impossible to rival.
As a Software Quality Engineer with the Skunks, you will be focused on the performance of our software engineering team, ensuring a quality product is delivered to the warfighter while also lending your expertise to some of our most critical programs in Advanced Development.
A Day in the Life:
At the Skunk Works, we have a rich history and an unmatched capability of using unconventional methods to achieve seemingly impossible breakthroughs—and we do it ahead of schedule. We call this unique design system Skunking. Skunking is quick, risk-tolerant, and most importantly, smart.
Here in the Aerospace Capital of America, Palmdale, California, you will find yourself working on some of the most exciting programs within the company. As a lead with our Quality & Mission Success organization, you may also find yourself mentoring junior engineers, acting as a trusted point of contact and liaison for your customer while also helping shape the future of Software Quality at our site. Beyond that, on any given day you may also find yourself:
• Applying process validation and controls throughout the value stream featuring proven advanced statistical analysis, root cause determinations and prevention of software process and product escapes.
• Gathering quality and cost data analysis, root cause corrective and preventive action, variation management actions, supplier quality integration tasks
• Developing and deploying standard software quality procedures and quality engineering methods and tools
• Offering valuable insights with software quality engineering Q&MS proposal reviews, cost estimating (BOE’s), contract reviews, and contract requirement flow down
• Utilizing statistical methods and preventive action methods to evaluate and initiate actions to identify and control sources of variation detrimental to quality, cost, and schedule targets.
• Performing/assisting process, product, vendor and special quality evaluations/audits and author reports of same, as well as, reviewing and giving input to RFQ, RFP's, etc.
You are visionary, innovative, and strategic. Self-motivated and driven, you thrive in an environment where you are empowered to make an impact, never settling for the bare minimum. You are comfortable leading and speaking to a wide array of audiences, especially as you speak to your craft. A natural leader, you enjoy mentoring your team to success and leading by example.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
• Bachelors degree or above from an accredited college in STEM; Science, Technology, Engineering or Math.
• Software Engineering Experience, Agile Methodologies, SCRUM.
• Experience with software life cycle
• Perform software lifecycle process and product evaluations, process audits.
• Proficient in Microsoft office
• Experience with one or more of the following: C++,
Python, Java, and/or C#
• Microsoft Office Proficient
***Must be a US Citizen. This position will require a Secret clearance.***
• Software Development experience
• ASQ Certification
• Proficiency with other SAP systems a plus
• High energy, self-starting, team player who achieves goals.
• Experience with software revision processes and regression testing.
• Knowledge in design and development for integration, regression, unit tests using industry standard tools
• Perform independent verifications aligned with Software Quality processes
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
• Work experience with CMMI and AS9100 Standards impacting program performance
• Experience in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: QA/Test and Inspection Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.