Skunkworks Operations Engineer Senior Staff (Level 5)
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Skunkworks Operations Engineer Senior Staff (Level 5)
Lead and facilitate continuous improvement and/or efficiency projects focusing on products, systems, operations and processes. Will carry out these duties as part of their overall function within the organization. Lead and facilitate and contribute to lean improvements activities, looking at safety, quality, delivery, productivity, cost and efficiency, delivering benefits to support customer satisfaction. Bring knowledge of their area of work to the lean process.
- Within area of responsibility analyze current work practices to identify areas for improvement and educate as to how to improve business and manufacturing processes. Devise and test solutions and partnership with stakeholders to implement into business or manufacturing process.
- Facilitate Lean health checks and go/no goes.
- Perform work place audits and streamlining processes within area of responsibility.
- Process mapping, value stream mapping, identifying inefficiencies in productivity with a particular focus on layouts and sequencing.
- Recommend to management changes that can cut waste from operating procedures.
- Deploy appropriate methodologies to problem solving and support teams to solve problems. Ensure the escalation process for problem solving is effective.
- Demonstrate performance excellence behaviors within the business and champion performance excellence.
- Support the business in establishing “best practice”
- Implement standard work, visual factory and error proofing.
- Undertake continuous training and development.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Carry out time and motion studies to support productivity improvements.
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department.
- Interact and communicate with other departments, internal customers, suppliers and other service providers.
- Work as part of the team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and carry out process and procedure improvements to optimize results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements in line with company and customer requirements
- Ensure an effective interface with other departmental staff is maintained.
A level 5 employee Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
-Bachelor's degree or higher education from an accredited college
-Experience applying continuous improvement or lean concepts in a production environment
(e.g. Process Mapping, Causing Mapping, Value Stream Mapping, Error Proofing, Process Standardization, Waste Elimination, & Data Analysis)
- Technical leadership experience
• Bachelor of science or technical degree in industrial or other engineering area.
•Can competently communicate at all levels of the organization, including non-technical team members
• Experience applying lean manufacturing principles & implementing continuous improvements with demonstrated results
• Proficiency with computer systems & data wrangling
• Change Management experience
• Proficiency with software including MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, Visio, & Tableau
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Manufacturing Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.