Skunkworks Manufacturing Engineer (Level 2)
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Skunkworks Manufacturing Engineer (Level 2)
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
The story of aviation has always been the story of people who have the courage to fail, to try again and to one day succeed. Since Lockheed Martin’s inception and continuing today, the passion to advance aeronautical design and help our customers achieve mission success has been ingrained in our culture. It is that passion combined with a strategic focus on ever changing global challenges that shapes our path forward.
This position will be assigned to the Manufacturing Engineering Team.
• Support ME tasks associated with product development through standing up a low-rate production product line.
• Experienced with creating manufacturing plans, reading engineering blue prints and understanding fundamental engineering concepts for production and prototype aircraft.
• Experienced in using 3D modeling software, preferably CATIA.
• Capable of manipulating engineering models and designs to determine assembly sequences and approach.
• Experience in Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, or related disciplines.
This team member will be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently and execute tasks under general direction, and the job will require multi-tasking and active engagement in the Production environment.
This engineer will serve as an interface between the Production organization and the Engineering community, ensuring that released engineering packages are producible and can be integrated into the Production environment.
• Understand process improvement and technology insertion to improve the build process through Producibility and Cost Reduction initiatives.
• Work in support of Production mechanics and supervisors looking for opportunities to improve the build processes, eliminate repetitive defects and drive out unnecessary cost.
• Work with a great team of engineers, with ample hands-on opportunities, project management and engineering coordination tasks, and have a direct impact on program success.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA, but is on site in Rosemond, CA Discover Palmdale.
STEM degree or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree
Active Secret Clearance
Experience with manufacturing
• Experience working with subsystem integration (fuel, hydraulic, electrical) into a final product preferred
• Bachelor's degree (Mechanical Engineering, or other related technical degree)
• Aircraft Component and Assembly/Build Floor support experience
• Problem Solving Skills - Demonstrated ability to drive issues to closure and develop workaround plans or corrective action plans
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with internal and cross functional teams; Production, IT, Facilities, Planning and Engineering
• Robust MS Office skill set (Excel and MS Project)
• AutoCAD or Catia V5 experience
• Experience with lean manufacturing and process improvement
• Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (ERP4C or SAP) in a manufacturing/production environment
• Experience defining/selecting equipment requirements to support Engineering build Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 6 years Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Manufacturing Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.