Non-Destructive Test Engineer Staff (Level 4)
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Non-Destructive Test Engineer Staff (Level 4)
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:In this position, you will perform engineering evaluation including defect analysis, nondestructive testing (NDT) method analysis, and inspection (when inspection is required, candidate must have a minimum Level II certification). Prepare and revise Technique Data Sheet (TDS), including evaluation of supplier/co-producer TDSs and procedures. Prepare and review engineering specifications. Develop and evaluate new equipment technology. Design and evaluate Inspection Reference Parts (IRPs). Provide technical support to programs, field personnel, and suppliers/co-producers. You will use your abilities to assist in writing "Basis of Estimates" (BOEs) and assist NDI Test Engineering leadership in creating budget, manpower, and capital plans for the group.
You will participate in the development of NDI training course material for NDI Level I and Level II Inspection personnel.
Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to conduct NDI business.
May be required to work 1st or 2nd shift and potential weekend shifts based on program needs. Applies advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and theories.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- BS degree in Engineering, Math, Science, Computer Science or certification (ASNT Level III / NAS-410).
- Documented previous NAS-410 Level III certification in at least 4 NDT/NDI methods (PT, MT, UT, RT, ST, or ET).
- Must have thermography (IRT) experience.
- Must have at least four years of aerospace NDT/NDI experience.
- ASNT Level III certification in at least four of the following methods: PT, MT, RT, UT, ET, ST, or IRT.
- Experience in nondestructive inspection (NDI) of: casting, welding, composite structure, and bonded assemblies.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to conduct NDT/NDI business.
- Demonstrated program NDI lead.
- Ability to interact with both contractor and customer representatives to develop a non-destructive inspection plan, schedules and cost estimates.
- Experience with Aircraft Structural Integrity Program (ASIP) requirements and collaboration with ASIP engineering specialists.
-Ability to develop program specific BOE's, capital plans, and manpower requirements.
- Experience with NDI sustainment activities in the field.
- Must have good customer relationship management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and database utilization. Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: QA/Test and Inspection Type: Full-Time Shift: Multiple shifts available
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.