Maintenance Training Associate Manager
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Maintenance Training Associate Manager
Description:We are Lockheed Martin
The story of aviation has always been the story of people who have the perseverance to fail, to try again and to one day succeed. Since Lockheed Martin’s inception and continuing today, the passion to advance aeronautical design and help our customers achieve mission results has been ingrained in our culture. It is that passion combined with a strategic focus on ever changing global opportunities that shapes our path forward.
As the Learning and Development leader for Palmdale, consults with and builds partnerships with business leaders to understand their short and long term business and manufacturing learning objectives.
• Aligns the learning and development strategies and resources to support the achievement of those objectives and needs. Leads a team of manufacturing learning professionals.
• Advises, counsels and coaches employees in such areas as: instructional design and delivery, training effectiveness measurement strategies, and learning theory.
• Provides oversight for regional vendor provided learning administration, design, development and delivery, enabling affordable, innovative learning solutions.
• Provides strategic insight into the Aeronautics training budget.
Responsible for streamlining processes and influencing team behaviors that support effective and efficient decisions on manufacturing learning solutions, ensuring program alignment across the full L&D team.
• Works with auditors as required to ensure compliance.
Collaborates with key internal and external stakeholders to leverage common content, tools, and approaches to creating optimized experiential learning solutions.
• Identifies, tracks and reports appropriate metrics on quality and effectiveness of training.
Responsible for recruitment, selection, and all aspects of performance management for team of employees.
• Leads team to deliver positive experiences that inform and shape employee and leader beliefs, and recognizes and rewards the behaviors and actions that lead to positive results.
• Drives lateral connectivity and collaboration across the enterprise.
• Delivers data-driven measures of learning effectiveness.
• Creates, supports and rewards an agile learning environment that enables innovation, inclusion and leadership.
Some travel will be required.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
• Experience Leading &/or Managing
• Instructional Design needs assessment, design, practices, &/or processes for manufacturing, professional & leader audiences.
• 5 years of required leadership experience
• 3 years experience with Instructional Design needs assessment, design, practices, and processes for manufacturing, professional and leader audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders using multiple methods based on context
• Demonstrated ability to lead change
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
• Must demonstrate strong decision making and judgment, oral and written communication, and business acumen
• Demonstrated experience consulting with an assigned client organization on production, and learning and development topics
• Demonstrated experience managing projects and initiatives, including developing project plans, identifying stakeholders, preparing corresponding communication plans, identifying of milestones, deadlines, and metrics to assess outcomes/results
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
By bringing together people that use their passion for purposeful innovation, at Lockheed Martin we keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel development and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
At Lockheed Martin, we place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture that you align with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your past experience aligns with the job requirements, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs, and apply for roles that align with your qualifications. Pay Rate:
The annual base salary range for this position in California or New York City is $105,000 - $197,800. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
This position is incentive plan eligible. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Management Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.
Explore the Area
Palmdale — California
What should you and your team members do after work? Find the best places to hang out around the city.View Map