LO Radome Design Engineer, Staff - (Level 4) Skunkworks
Here at Lockheed Martin, our RF Engineers work on a variety of advanced RF applications – those used on the earth, below the earth and above the earth. These range from the world's most advanced fighter aircraft to precision engagement aerospace and defense systems to surface, air and undersea applications to cutting edge space systems. This work encompasses one or more of the following broad RF disciplines: RF Design, RF Systems, Antenna Design, Radar Systems Engineering, RF Signal Processing, MMW/Microwave Design, MMIC Design, Radar Cross-Section Analysis (RCS), Low Observables/Stealth and Electromagnetic Capability/Electromagnetic Interference (EMC/EMI).
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful RF Engineering employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day.
From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
You are a great decision maker who strives to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
You embrace collaboration and are committed to the success of your team.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as technology is constantly changing. Strong technical skills and intellectual depth with a willingness to continually learn from others are important traits.
Working in the RF Engineering space means working together to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
“The RF field is very broad. For example, I work with spacecraft antennas, but I have colleagues that work with missiles and aircraft sensor systems. At any given time, my team is working on 10 or more projects, ranging from antennas that support weather forecasting to connecting warfighters across the globe.”Shane L., RF Engineering Sr. Manager
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer a flexible work schedule.
LO Radome Design Engineer, Staff - (Level 4) Skunkworks
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Like a good chess game, at Lockheed Martin Skunk Works® we’re always thinking five steps ahead. And in today’s constantly changing and highly contested battlespace, staying ahead is critical. As a Skunk with our LO Radome team, you will work on revolutionary aircraft and technologies that push the boundaries of what is possible by joining the team building the world’s most experimental aircraft and breakthrough technologies in abject secrecy at a pace impossible to rival.
As a Staff RF Engineer, and part of our greater Electromagnetics organization, your challenge will be to design, develop, and fabricate high quality, low observable (LO) products for our customers on time and within budget. You will also help drive technology development directions, and shape our RF technology development roadmap.
Skunk Works has a rich history and an unmatched capability of using unconventional methods to achieve seemingly impossible breakthroughs—and we do it ahead of schedule. We call this unique design system Skunking. Skunking is quick, risk-tolerant and most importantly, smart.
As part of our LO Radome team in Palmdale your direct impact will span the technology development lifecycle, from conception to fabrication of high-quality low observable (LO) Radomes, LO Antennas, RCS Test Fixtures and RF Text Fixtures.
Your role will also bridge the gap between our senior designers and most junior designers, leading the subsystem of your program by encouraging collaboration and fostering transparency.
Beyond that, you will also
• Closely collaborate with our tightly integrated Advanced Development Program (ADP) Teams.
• Conduct research and development efforts associated with Low Observable radomes, (LO) frequency selective surface (FSS), antennas, and LO hardware integration.
• Assist the Electromagnetics organization in defining, establishing, and maintaining its computational electromagnetic tools.
• Conduct system-level radome and antenna performance roll-up, low observable radome and antenna performance verification, and even full/large scale fixture design and test.
The selected candidate must be able to obtain a secret clearance.
A level 4 employee Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
• Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or STEM related degree
• RF Modeling and Measurements Experience
• Radome experience preferred
• Minimum 9 years of relevant experience
• Radar or Antenna Design Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
• Expertise in the field of RADAR cross section (RCS) reduction of radomes and antennas
• Strong background in Radome/Antenna/RF Hardware integration on air vehicles
• Extensive Modeling Experience
• Active Secret Clearance Preferred Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: RF Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.