Industrial Automation & Reliability SME (Level 5)
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Industrial Automation & Reliability SME (Level 5)
For more than 75 years, Advanced Development Programs, also known as the Skunk Works®, has been making aviation history. Today we’re seeking world class talent to solve some of the toughest technological challenges.
Why Lockheed Martin:
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics we value your unique skills and expertise and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our team’s favorite perks include:
• A competitive 401k match and bonus
• Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
• Long term stability
• A receptive and inclusive culture focused on career development with tuition assistance and mentoring opportunities
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Like a good chess game, at Lockheed Martin Skunk Works®, we’re always thinking five steps ahead. And in today’s constantly changing and highly contested battlespace, staying ahead is critical.
Serving as the lead Point of Contact for Plant Engineering, as the Industrial Automation & Reliability SME with our Plant Engineering team, you will provide technical direction to our skilled labor personnel and facilitate the success of our machinery, equipment & critical systems, maintenance, and reliability functions per customer expectations. The selected candidate would be responsible for the maintenance lifecycles of industrial machinery assets such as mills, lathes, CNC machines, ovens, autoclaves etc.
A Day in the Life:
At the Skunk Works, we have a rich history and an unmatched capability of using unconventional methods to achieve seemingly impossible breakthroughs—and we do it ahead of schedule. We call this unique design system Skunking. Skunking is quick, risk-tolerant and most importantly, smart.
In this unique opportunity, you will find yourself applying creative yet methodical and rigorous approaches while gaining competitive advantage by minimizing the cost of ownership as it relates to all aspects of maintenance and sustainment activities on diverse equipment configurations.
As part of our growing Plant Engineering (PE) team in Palmdale, your leadership and technical expertise within machinery, infrastructure, and reliability, will assist you in building relationships with customers and internal stakeholders while leading this team to success.
Beyond that, you may also find yourself:
• Developing Solutions, Investigating Requirements, Preparing Statement of Works, & Establishing cost estimates for contracted work on Plant infrastructure and Production Equipment
• Acting as the Liaison between Shop Supervisors, skilled labor, Facilities Engineers, Planners, and Administrators
• Providing valuable Technical Support to Plant Engineering (PE) Leaders and beyond
• Developing/Validating/Updating planned Maintenance Instructions
• Serving as the primary PE POC for design reviews, Construction support, System commissioning & Operational Readiness Reviews, as well as Capital and Overhead Budget Planning Input
• Planning and Guiding Maintenance Operations, Training and Developing Skilled Crafts Personnel, and communicating effectively with our customers
Your diverse experience in everything from full life cycle project management in the field of equipment maintenance and reliability engineering will greatly benefit you in this role. With a strong sense of ownership, you are at your best when sought after as a SME and trusted advisor in your craft. You are in your element balancing multiple tasks, as well as, prioritizing emergent support requirements and sustainment team activities. Comfortable speaking to your craft, you are in your element presenting to a wide array of audiences.
With qualifications and expertise in the following, you will thrive:
• Prior maintenance program administration and experience in a manufacturing setting
• Experience providing technical oversight for multiple disciplines such as CNC machinery, machinery projects, equipment maintenance, automation, Failure Modes & Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA or FMEA) and reliability efforts
• Familiarity with CNC and various equipment control platforms such as Siemens, FANUC, Allen Bradley, etc.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project)
• We are looking for someone who ideally has 14 - 20 years of professional experience or more.
• Familiarity with SAP and other Facilities & Plant Engineering business systems (MAXIMO- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Project Wise, AutoCAD, etc.).
• Contract Administration experience such as On-Call, Maintenance Service Agreements (MSA)
• Project Management experience in a manufacturing environment
• Human Machine Interface (HMI) or Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) experience Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Facilities Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.