Facilities Infrastructure/Maintenance & Repair Engineer (Level 4)
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Facilities Infrastructure/Maintenance & Repair Engineer (Level 4)
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Who We Are:
At Lockheed Martin, we don’t just think big thoughts. We get things done.
And we're bringing together the best minds in the industry to do it.
For more than 75 years, Advanced Development Programs, also known as the Skunk Works®, has been making aviation history. Today we’re seeking world class talent to solve some of the toughest technological challenges.
Why Lockheed Martin:
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics we value your unique skills and expertise and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our team’s favorite perks include:
• A competitive 401k match and bonus
• Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
• Long term stability
• A receptive and inclusive culture focused on career development with tuition assistance and mentoring opportunities
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Like a good chess game, at Lockheed Martin Skunk Works®, we’re always thinking five steps ahead. And in today’s constantly changing and highly contested battlespace, staying ahead is critical. As the Design & Repair POC with our facilities organization, you will be relied on by the team helping build the world’s most experimental aircraft and breakthrough technologies in abject secrecy at a pace impossible to rival.
As a Facilities and Plant Engineering technical lead, your challenge will be to design, develop, and implement, complex preventative maintenance and repair solutions on everything from mechanical, electrical/electronic systems, and infrastructure (water, power, sewer, & HVAC), & major utilities (such as boilers, chillers, prime power, fire systems, generators, & compressed air) , to building support systems.
A Day in the Life:
If you enjoy making an impact by contributing as the go to facility infrastructure repair SME while also owning the development and implementation of maintenance programs and developing training solutions for the greater team.
At the Skunk Works, we have a rich history and an unmatched capability of using unconventional methods to achieve seemingly impossible breakthroughs—and we do it ahead of schedule. We call this unique design system Skunking. Skunking is quick, risk-tolerant and most importantly, smart.
As part of our unique Facility Maintenance & Repair team in Palmdale (Discover Palmdale.), your direct impact will span across the facilities and reliability organizations as you work to enhance the uptime of plant infrastructure & equipment, developing a reliability culture and implementing initiatives, while exploring opportunities to add value and increase site productivity.
Beyond that, you may also find yourself:
• Assisting in-house craft professionals with any needed field technical expertise
• Analyzing our infrastructure & equipment maintenance programs and identifying key areas of improvement
• Clearly communicating job-plans, repair instructions, and operations in both written and verbal form
Troubleshooting and problem solving is your niche. With a strong sense of ownership, you are at your best when sought after as a SME and trusted advisor in your craft. You are in your element balancing multiple tasks, demonstrating an outstanding attention to detail, and thriving in an environment where you can help make everything run smoothly as a technical advisor. Comfortable speaking to your craft, you are in your element presenting to a wide array of audiences.
With qualifications and expertise in the following, you will thrive:
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) of Infrastructure Maintenance with repair experience at a large industrial facility. Dealing with scheduled & unscheduled large scale maintenance operations and repairs.
• Process & procedure writing for technical & instructional documents (e.g. Preventative Maintenance plans (PMs), repair instructions, maintenance orders etc.)
• Experience with troubleshooting techniques & determining repair methods
• Licensing/Certifications in electrical and/or mechanical systems preferred
• Experience coordinating and executing utility shutdowns that affect multiple buildings
• Electrical/electronic and mechanical systems background
• Reliability Centered Maintenance methodology (RCM)
• Familiarization with applicable codes including Federal, State, Local
• Experience utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) such as Maximo
• Familiarity with, design, installation, operating, repairing, and preventative maintenance of industrial electrical (up to 4,160V) and emergency power generation systems to include generators, transformers, switchgear, motor control centers, inverters, solar systems, and multi-phase electrical power distribution systems
• Familiarity with Crane Systems and applicable codes
• Fire Systems experience including electrical controls, battery systems, pumps, & valves
• Domestic Water Systems including piping, valve, pumps, filtration
• Compressed Air Systems
• Natural Gas Systems
• Safety regulations and procedures for the installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical systems, mechanical systems, fire systems, domestic water systems, compressed air systems, natural gas systems
• Experience reading and evaluating electrical, mechanical and civil blueprints, drawings and schematics
• Experience utilizing research resources and tools to define and solve electrical and mechanical problems
• Experience Troubleshooting all electrical and mechanical systems and developing and implementing a plan for emergency repairs Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Facilities Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.