Contracts Negotiator (Level 3)
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Contracts Negotiator (Level 3)
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:The successful candidate will be the lead contracts negotiator managing a classified, highly dynamic program on-site in Palmdale, CA. The role is responsible to independently manage all day-to-day contract negotiation and administration efforts related to the program. Candidate will work closely with functional organizations (finance, pricing, program management, engineering, subcontracts, etc.), and must be a self-starter, willing to learn, demonstrate strategic thinking, and be able to effectively coordinate with multiple internal and external customers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, researching complex issues and providing recommendations for resolution; developing risk assessments and mitigation plans; assisting the manager and program team on various special assignments that requires a significant amount of skill, knowledge, and business acumen; and providing contractual expertise and leadership.
Typical activities can include:
- Proposal preparation, coordination, and management. Includes review and evaluation of customer requests for proposal or revisions to contracts. Provides risk assessments and offers alternative approaches to mitigate risks, including alternative contractual language; evaluates and coordinates proposals; investigates and reconciles significant contract changes involving cost, specifications, schedules, etc.
- Contract negotiation, coordination, management, and closeout.
- Working in conjunction with associated functional organizations and customers to ensure conformance with contractual obligations, to remain cognizant of problem areas, and to implement the required corrective actions.
- Developing and applying advanced concepts, techniques, and standards to assigned activities.
- Developing and applying solutions to complex problems which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- Evaluates contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations. Maintains communications to ensure timely contract execution by the parties.
- Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Active SCI clearance is preferred
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
- Bachelors degree or above from an accredited college in a related discipline
- Experience with fixed-price contracts (FPIF)
- Experience with FAR/ DFAR
- Experience with interfacing with Program Managers and Business Managers
- Experience in classified environments
Experience effectively coordinating and communicating with multiple internal and external customers
- Experience working autonomously with general direction
- Experience handling multiple, widely-varied assignments
- Experience communicating across varied audiences, including written, spoken, and presentation preparation
- Experience working in a dynamic environment and available to work overtime if needed
- Experience problem solving, including identifying issues and developing solutions
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and self-starter and teamwork oriented
- Previous Aeronautics or Industry knowledge Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Contracts Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.