Systems Diagnostics Engineer Staff
Owego, New York
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Systems Diagnostics Engineer Staff
Owego, New York
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Would you like to be a part of a diverse and growing engineering team which contributes to the development of technology critical to our National Defense?
In the air, on land, and at sea, Lockheed Martin pioneers advanced technologies to control the electromagnetic spectrum, and develops disruptive technologies to outpace adversary threats. The key to success lies not only in the capability of the systems we provide, but integration of those systems across platforms to offer a complete picture of the battle space and unimpeded use of the electromagnetic spectrum for the warfighter.
This position is specifically for an experienced Systems Diagnostics Engineer with expertise developing, optimizing, and maintaining Diagnostics SW in support of the MH-60R/S platform avionics systems, subsystems, and components.
Specific responsibilities include:
-Leading team to successful execution of Diagnostics SW development updates and SW releases across multiple aircraft configurations and part numbers.
-Coordinating autoloader software development, documentation, testing, and procedure development for various aircraft configurations, avionics boxes, and subsystems.
-Designing diagnostics software and maintenance procedures for new or updated subsystems and avionics boxes, across multiple aircraft configurations, and system software configurations.
-Supporting diagnostics SW regression testing, diagnostics release testing, and PTR testing.
-Generating and maintaining relevant diagnostics software requirements, design, process, and drawing documentation for various programs and aircraft configurations.
-Responsible for managing Diagnostics team SW repository development updates and formal builds/releases.
-Coordination of PTR status with Diagnostics lead and team members.
-Allocating and documenting Diagnostics requirements and analysis including the application of AWS, SRS, testability analysis, DAR, IDD, SDD, and IBA/FMET.
-Planning and performing diagnostics development and release testing, including simulation, lab, regression, and aircraft testing.
-Conducting design analysis, system modeling, testing, applying system engineering principles with emphasis on R&M, systems diagnostics, and troubleshooting.
The Locale: Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the "Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours’ drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, fabulous festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live.
• Bachelor’s degree in aerospace, mechanical, electrical engineering, or related discipline; or equivalent experience/combined education
• Experience developing and sustaining SRS, SDD, IDD, and Software Drawing Trees
• Experience with Software Repository Configuration Management
• Experience with developing and maintaining SW using various languages and SW repository management tools
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong leadership, administrative, and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to obtain & maintain a Secret
• 9 or more years of software/systems engineering or related experience
• Experience developing, implementing, and troubleshooting LabVIEW software
• Proficient in SW configuration management using SVN
• Experience in SW development using Java, C#, and XML
• System Integration and Test Experience
• String understanding of avionics aircraft electronics systems, functions, and wiring diagrams
• Experience with large scale system development, integration, and test
• Experience with manufacturing of electronic equipment
• Experience with integrated logistics support activities
• Possess excellent communication skills for customer presentations and can work in a team environment as part of a multi-disciplined team effort involving many companies and customers Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Specialty Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.