Senior RF Engineer
Owego, New York
Here at Lockheed Martin, our RF Engineers work on a variety of advanced RF applications – those used on the earth, below the earth and above the earth. These range from the world's most advanced fighter aircraft to precision engagement aerospace and defense systems to surface, air and undersea applications to cutting edge space systems. This work encompasses one or more of the following broad RF disciplines: RF Design, RF Systems, Antenna Design, Radar Systems Engineering, RF Signal Processing, MMW/Microwave Design, MMIC Design, Radar Cross-Section Analysis (RCS), Low Observables/Stealth and Electromagnetic Capability/Electromagnetic Interference (EMC/EMI).
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful RF Engineering employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day.
From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
You are a great decision maker who strives to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
You embrace collaboration and are committed to the success of your team.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as technology is constantly changing. Strong technical skills and intellectual depth with a willingness to continually learn from others are important traits.
Working in the RF Engineering space means working together to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
“The RF field is very broad. For example, I work with spacecraft antennas, but I have colleagues that work with missiles and aircraft sensor systems. At any given time, my team is working on 10 or more projects, ranging from antennas that support weather forecasting to connecting warfighters across the globe.”Shane L., RF Engineering Sr. Manager
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer a flexible work schedule.
Senior RF Engineer
Owego, New York
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:There are people who say some ideas are impossible, unattainable or unrealistic. Then there are those of us who work at Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems. As a part of the Lockheed Martin community, we take on the biggest, baddest challenges in the world and find solutions using creativity and collaboration.
AND WHERE THE SOLUTIONS DON’T EXIST? WE INVENT THEM.
So, if you’re looking for the challenge of a lifetime and a team of the brightest minds in the world, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. If you’re looking for a place where learning is a way of life, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. And if you’re looking for a career that’s just as fun as it is hard work, well…you know.
Join us today and let’s make a difference together.
Lockheed Martin. Your Mission is Ours.
This position is for an RF Engineer with 5 years or more of experience with a relevant Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years of experience with a relevant Master’s Degree who is looking for an opportunity to do RF design on Electronic Warfare programs from requirements to delivery including architectural decisions, RF design, integration, and qualification. Continue your career with a talented team of RF engineers seeking to provide the best technical products for our customers.
• RF design experience including schematic creation
• Skilled troubleshooter and problem solver
• Fast learner
• Effective organizer and communicator
• Experience with common engineering laboratory test equipment including oscilloscope, power supply, and digital multi-meter
• Ability to obtain DoD Security Clearance
• RF Printed Wiring Board (PWB) Design experience
• Experience with RF design in the millimeter and microwave frequency ranges
• Experience with physical layout of circuit card design (board layout)
• Experience testing and troubleshooting electronic assemblies
• Experience with RF modelling software including: ADS RF simulation and optimization, Ansoft HFSS, Sonnet, Microwave Office, MATLAB, SPICE
• Experienced with network analyzer and spectrum analyzer
• Digital Signal Processing experience
• Antenna design experience
• DoD Customer Experience Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: YesCareer Area: RF Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.