Firmware Engineer - FPGA Design
Owego, New York
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Firmware Engineer - FPGA Design
Owego, New York
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Lockheed Martin is looking for a Staff Firmware/FPGA Engineer in Owego, NY. Responsibilities include:
-Performing Design Architecture activities for various programs and IRAD projects
-Ability to perform FPGA/Firmware architecture and design
-General knowledge of standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, and spectrum analyzers
-Working with Hardware Engineering Team to complete Hardware Development, Simulation and Verification for digital signal processing and general processing projects
-Supporting Integrated Product Teams, Engineering Project Manager, and Program Office staff to meet all customer objectives and program milestones.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this position.
Our positions offer relocation, competitive salaries, PTO, 401K and potential sign on bonus
Voted as the “coolest small town in America,” Owego boasts a laid back, casual vibe in the midst of the beautiful Catskill Mountains.
With approximately 20,000 residents, Owego offers a variety of activities and amenities while retaining that cool, small town feel. Whether you enjoy exploring local breweries, antiquing for lost treasures, sipping coffee at a riverside cafe, or hiking the scenic Catskill Mountains, Owego has something for everyone. In addition to its convenient location along the Southern Tier highway, Owego’s low cost of living has a median home price of $136,500 (compared to $216,200 nationally). While Owego itself maintains that small town feel, a short drive will get you to Syracuse (1.5 hrs.), Niagara Falls (3.5 hrs.), Philadelphia (3.5 hrs.), or NYC (also 3.5 hrs. away).
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9-12 years of professional experience designing FPGAs using System Verilog/Verilog/VHDL; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Applied knowledge of either the Altera or Xilinx FPGA devices and their associated application environments.. Considered an emerging authority.
- Candidates to have excellent oral and written communication skills and work well in small teams.
- Electronic Warfare experience
- Digital Signal Processing knowledge
- Candidate should demonstrate practical experience with implementation of proofs, test requirements, and certification requirements Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Hardware Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.