Engineering High School Intern
Owego, New York; Stratford, Connecticut
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Engineering High School Intern
Owego, New York; Stratford, Connecticut
Description:Looking for a career with purpose? ...one that challenges your mind, grows your skills and makes a difference in our world? Do you pride yourself on solving problems that others think are impossible? If you answered yes to these questions, then please consider joining Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems in Owego, NY. We are seeking energetic, enthusiastic candidates striving to succeed in a career that develops new skills while performing a variety of tasks to include analysis, problem solving, and critical thinking. This employment opportunity with Lockheed Martin includes on-the-job mentorship by some of the brightest engineers in the defense industry who will challenge you to grow your skills in computer, electrical, or mechanical systems, software development, integration and/or testing.
An intern in this position will work closely with a team of engineers in a technical application area such as military aircraft avionics, mission systems, sensor subsystems, mission planning, simulation or automation. Assigned Engineering tasks may include (depending on assignment):
- Software/Computer: Requirements analysis, design, code, software unit test, documentation reviews and updates, testing of recent engineering releases.
- Systems: System design, requirements generation from customer requirements, hardware and software integration and test.
- Electrical: Electrical schematic and cable harness assembly, assist with lab build, integration, and test, edit designs with AutoCAD or Zuken E3, bill of material entry
- Mechanical: Mechanical detailed part design with 3D Modeling and 2D drawings, assist with lab build, integration, and test, bill of material entry
Candidates that have a strong desire to engage in teamwork and understand the fundamentals of engineering are encouraged to apply.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn a variety of new skills & tools
- Good communication skills
- Excels in both team & individual work
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Some programming using languages such as Python, C, C++, or Java (for some positions)
- Participation in STEM extra-curricular activities such as Science Olympiad, FIRST Robotics, Career Days, field trips, or summer camps
- Intentional participation in STEM elective courses in Junior/Senior high school
These vary depending on position but could include:
* Experience with embedded or Linux operating systems, shell scripting
* Working knowledge of electronic measurement equipment
* Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Zuken E3 and/or Windchill tools
* Familiarity with systems engineering processes
* High School course work or lab experience in one or more of the following is highly desirable: design, software, robotics or other competition teams related to engineering projects
* Strong Math background
* Broad background outside of STEM such as sports, music, arts Clearance Level: None Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings. Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process. Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits. Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Hourly/Non-ExemptBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Miscellaneous Engineering Type: Part-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.