Electrical Engineer Asc - Intern
Owego, New York
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Electrical Engineer Asc - Intern
Owego, New York
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Description:There are people who say some ideas are impossible, unattainable or unrealistic. Then there are those of us who work at Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems. As a part of the Lockheed Martin community, we take on the biggest challenges in the world and find solutions using creativity and collaboration.
And where the solutions don’t exist? We invent them. So, if you’re looking for the challenge of a lifetime and a team of the brightest minds in the world, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. If you’re looking for a place where learning is a way of life, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. And if you’re looking for a career that’s just as fun as it is hard work, join us today and let’s make a difference together. Lockheed Martin. Your Mission is Ours.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in multi-functional product development for ruggedized military processing solutions, including digital and analog circuit card design, radio frequency (RF) and antenna design, electromagnetic interference testing, and platform system integration
- Collaborate with other engineering fields and program personnel and will participate in multi-functional six sigma style product or process improvement meetings. Keeping up-to-date on emerging technologies and tools will be encouraged
- Be flexible, motivated, dedicated, detail-focused, team-focused, and capable of multi-tasking
Voted as the “coolest small town in America,” Owego boasts a laid back, casual vibe in the midst of the beautiful Catskill Mountains.
With approximately 20,000 residents, Owego offers a variety of activities and amenities while retaining that cool, small town feel. Whether you enjoy exploring local breweries, antiquing for lost treasures, sipping coffee at a riverside cafe, or hiking the scenic Catskill Mountains, Owego has something for everyone. In addition to its convenient location along the Southern Tier highway, Owego’s low cost of living has a median home price of $136,500 (compared to $216,200 nationally). While Owego itself maintains that small town feel, a short drive will get you to Syracuse (1.5 hrs.), Niagara Falls (3.5 hrs.), Philadelphia (3.5 hrs.), or NYC (also 3.5 hrs. away).
Benefits of Employment:
We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you’ll have outstanding benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
• 401k (with generous matching)
• Paid time off including, (we have a 4/10 Flex schedule which means every Friday off!) *
• Work/life balance, family-friendly environment
• Career development, career-growth, and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
• Knowledgeable, supportive and engaged leadership
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Generous Tuition Reimbursement
Whether you’re new to the area or just like being socially involved, we encourage everyone to explore among our many employee networks and employee resource groups we have on site. Whatever your interests, there’s likely a community at Lockheed Martin for networking, becoming familiar with the area and enjoying common activities with coworkers.
*For most positions
We support our employees, so they can support our mission.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Engineering Physics or a related subject area
• Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance, therefore, U.S. Citizenship is required
• Excellent verbal and written communication and analytical skills
• A working knowledge of basic electronic measurement equipment is a plus. This may include the ability to take measurements using an oscilloscope and a Digital Volt Meter, or use of a Spectrum Analyzer and/or a Measurement receiver. Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources
• 2.5 GPA or higher preferred, but not required (Cumulative or Major GPA)
Electrical (Electronics) Engineering:
• Analog and power supply circuit design
• FPGA programming using Verilog/VHDL
• Familiarity with processor design & architecture
• Test equipment hardware (Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.) and associated software.
• Designing custom test racks using commercial equipment for validating and evaluating customer hardware performance
Electrical (Antenna/RF) Engineering:
• Analog/power supply, Radio Frequency (RF), Wireless Communications and Antenna design experience
• Familiarity with Microwave Office and Matlab
Electrical (EMI) Engineering:
• Experience with hardware design for Electromagnetic Interference / Compatibility (EMI/EMC) and requirements / procedures of MIL-STD-461, 464 and DO-160 testing standards
• Knowledge of EM theory to apply design techniques and design features to control electromagnetic (EM) emissions (intentional and un-intentional) and susceptibilities Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.missingAbility to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Co-op/Summer InternBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Electrical Engineering Type: Part-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.