Cyber Systems Security Engineer
Owego, New York
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cyber Systems Security Engineer
Owego, New York
This includes participating in working groups, design reviews, and formal artifact reviews alongside other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the overall platform; and providing security expertise to ensure that cyber security is considered early in the product development lifecycle.
Applicant is expected to conduct a range of cyber risk analysis and security assessment methods; implement patches and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to address cyber vulnerabilities, feature changes, or obsolescence; develop documentation for specific installations and configurations necessary to obtain Authorizations to Operation (ATOs) in support of program schedules; and contribute to and implement Plans of Actions and Milestones (POAMs) to mitigate open cyber risks.
The ideal candidate will communicate effectively with a range of audiences, technical and non-technical, and will function effectively on an engineering team to create a collaborative and inclusive environment that allows for the establishment of mission goals, itemized planning of tasks, and prioritization of tasks that drives the efficient execution of objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct cyber risk assessment activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis and analysis of mitigation solutions.
- Develop, evaluate and analyze design constrains, trade-offs and detailed system and security design as they pertain to the cyber domain.
- Coordinate with cyber and system architects and developers to provide oversight in the development of solutions.
- Conduct cybersecurity test and evaluation of hardware and/or software designs to verify and validate compliance with defined specifications and requirements.
- Employ cyber security processes, methods, techniques and tools and assure their consistent application.
-Coordinate and address Supply Chain risk management concerns.
- Implement appropriate assessment and authorization activities as the need arises by customers.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities, be well organized, flexible, and self-motivated.
• Ability to communicate effectively with systems engineers, network engineers and software developers.
• Experience with creating and presenting technical information
• Security+, or CISSP certification (must obtain within 6 months)
• DoD 8570 Risk Management Framework experience
• Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
• Experience with Real-Time Embedded Operating Systems (e.g. GreenHills INEGRITY, LynxOS, VxWorks, Yocto)
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering/CAMEO tools is a plus.
• Experience developing and maintaining core security documentation artifacts for A&A Packages including Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), System Security Plan (SSP), Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), and Risk Assessment Report (RAR)
• Cybersecurity engineering experience including: Security administration, Firewall Rule Management, Patch management, Security Scans, and Cyber Threat Modeling
• Experience with scanning systems using the DISA ACAS or SCAP vulnerability assessment tool Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.