Avionics Systems Engineer
Owego, New York
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Avionics Systems Engineer
Owego, New York
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The Lockheed Martin Mission Systems Engineering team is looking for Avionics Mission Systems engineers to join our team. The selected individual will work as part of a dynamic Systems Engineering team supporting systems design and integration activities for military aircraft platforms. Activities and responsibilities will include interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines (hardware, software and specialty engineering) as well as equipment suppliers, supporting requirements definition and decomposition, developing software requirement specifications, and other design artifacts/activities for the successful integration of avionics subsystems onto fixed or rotary wing aircraft platforms.
As an Avionics Mission Systems Engineer, the candidate must be able to work on a small team of engineers and present status to various stakeholders. The selected individual will be responsible for developing Cockpit Systems for rotary and fixed wing platforms. This will include assisting with the development of avionics architectures based on our hardware and software product lines and integrating mission system functionality for cockpit controls and displays. The individual will utilize the Digital Transformation principles, including system modelling, test automation, and Agile development processes, in order to define requirements and develop system capabilities.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University, Ithaca College and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours’ drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, wineries, craft breweries, festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live.
• Must be able to obtain DoD Secret Security clearance.
• Systems engineering experience, preferably working military programs across multiple portions of a program life cycle.
• Experience with development and successfully delivering products.
• Experience decomposing requirements, developing systems engineering work products and integrating systems including sensors, controls, and display systems.
• Familiar with common aircraft technologies and interfaces (e.g. sensors, mission systems, software designs, human machine interfaces, Ethernet, 1553)
• Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers.
• Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Experience applying modern engineering practices for Digital Transformation including Agile, Model Based Engineering (SYSML), and Automation
• Familiarity with Systems Engineering tools such as DOORS, Rhapsody, JIRA, Cameo, and Confluence.
• Familiarity with the Lockheed Martin - Owego Common Product Line (CPL) initiative and process. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a Lockheed Martin designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a Lockheed Martin office for periodic meetings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Other Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.