Systems Engineering Intern - Orlando, FL
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Systems Engineering Intern - Orlando, FL
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. We are seeking talented Systems engineer interns to join our team to help develop many best-in-class products and solutions at our Missiles and Fire Control business area in Orlando, FL. Click here to learn more about MFC.
Candidate will perform a verity of Systems Engineering tasks and assignments that will promote the development of their technical and strategic Engineering, leadership and interpersonal skills in a structured framework within the engineering disciplines, such as Mechanical, Electrical, and Systems. Task may include analyzes of customer's initial design specifications and development of product specifications and techniques to satisfy customer requirements; may develop and recommend the system architecture and interfaces of the product, as well as perform trade studies and evaluations of engineering designs and concepts. Tasks may include System design, analysis and testing of vehicle configuration, aerodynamic and vehicle performance characterization, guidance, navigation and control systems, target tracking systems, pointing and aiming systems, fire control systems, and trajectory analysis. Additional involvement may occur in developing and maintaining engineering models and simulations that provide the basis for engineering predictions of vehicle, system and subsystem performance.
Additional tasks involvement may include developing Integration and Test processes and performing integration of System components, as well as determining verification methods, development of test documentation, and test planning and product test execution. Assignment may involve the development of Systems Integration & Test plans and conducts in-house system and subsystem integration tasks, environmental test tasks, and ground/flight tests of the system to required levels to meet product requirements as well as generating and analyzing performance reports and process control procedures. Will be required to work in a cross-functional team environment.
• Currently enrolled in an accredited Engineering, Math, Physics, or related degree program.
• Ability to obtain an interim security clearance.
• Familiarity using MATLAB or a related simulation tool is preferred.
• Coursework or related experience in one or more of the following areas: control theory and/or electro-optics, Requirements Development, Systems Architecture and Design, System Design and Analysis, radar pattern recognition, image processing, Aerodynamics, guidance and navigation and modeling and simulation, integration and testing of hardware and/or software components is desired.
• Propensity for solving complex technical problems and has good communication skills. Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Part-Time as assigned by leader Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Co-op/Summer InternBusiness Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROLRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Other Type: Call-In Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.