Sr Manager, TLS Integrated Engineering
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Sr Manager, TLS Integrated Engineering
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:Are you an extraordinary leader that will help save lives by accelerating mission readiness? Can you build a team, coalesce it around a shared vision and help it perform at its best to transform sustainment and training solutions to enable our customers’ mission success? Do you appreciate the importance of speed and agility, affordability, disruptive technologies, outcome-based solutions and a talented team that can reimagine the future? If so, please keep reading.
Training and Logistics Solutions (TLS) Integrated Engineering is looking for a dynamic Sr Manager, TLS Integrated Engineering to lead a diverse group of First-Level Managers (FLM) and their multi-disciplinary, integrated engineering teams that develop innovative training and logistics solutions across multiple programs and projects. The selected candidate’s responsibilities will include providing leadership to:
• Enable the performance of talented, multi-discipline engineering teams comprised of team members with expertise in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Integration & Test, Configuration & Data Management and Infrastructure Engineering by setting and clearly communicating organizational vision, expectations and objectives.
• Organize and facilitate the personal and career development of team members. Ensure team members are prepared with the training and skills to be successful within their teams. Create and execute organizational training plans.
• Partner with Human Resources to promote a “people first” culture and to resolve all personnel-related matters in a timely fashion
• Foster an inclusive work environment that values diversity, sharing, out-of-the-box thinking and seeing the big-picture.
• Partner with the Market Segment Chief Engineer (MSCE) and work closely with their team
o Ensure the integrity of engineering activity within engineering teams by employing both quantitative and qualitative management approaches and compliance with Command Media. Collect and use data to make data-driven decisions.
o Promote the continual identification and active management of teams’ risks and opportunities.
o Actively monitor performance of engineering teams. Engage to facilitate corrective action, as required.
o Actively monitor staffing demand and take action to ensure sufficient supply.
• Champion continuous improvement activities. Identify opportunities to employ tools and practices that increase team efficiency and quality.
• Champion the automation of manual processes in the spirit of Digital Transformation. Develop and communicate automation strategies that facilitate adoption at all levels within the organization.
• Identify and manage cross-program opportunities by coordinating with Chief Engineering and Program Management teams.
• Ensure the quality and compliance of cost estimates generated from within your organization.
• Cultivate a fun, exciting and innovative culture that celebrates engineering and our engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering/technical discipline or related discipline
- Must possess, or have ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Experience coaching, mentoring and developing the critical skills of others
- Experience leading cross-functional product development teams
- Experience leading geographically dispersed / virtual teams
- Experience leading a team through change
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Ability to Build Effective Relationships
- Thorough understanding of Agile Product Development, especially Scrum & Kanban
- Experience working collaboratively with Program Management, Finance and Contracts organizations
- Thorough understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Experience creating and implementing hiring plans
- Experience applying the Vee Process Model to fully develop and integrate a complex system
- Understanding of DevSecOps Practices
- Demonstrated ability and desire to automate manual, time-consuming tasks
- Thorough understanding of program, functional, and process metrics
- Experience working on both domestic and international firm fixed price contracts
- 20 years or more of professional experience or equivalent experience/combined education
- 4 or more years of experience as a Manager
- Active Secret Clearance
- Advanced degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Management
- SAFe Training/Certification and/or RMS SAM Training/Certification
- Experience in Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) processes, principles and tools
- Training & Simulation experience in Fixed/Rotor Wing Flight Training, Maintenance Training, Land Training & Turn-Key Training
- Control Account Management (CAM) experience within past 5 years
- Capture Experience including authoring proposals Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Management Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.