Sr. IT Systems Engineer / Win / Linux / Active Secret Clearance / FL
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Sr. IT Systems Engineer / Win / Linux / Active Secret Clearance / FL
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:Are you ready to invent the future? Lockheed Martin is on a journey of digital transformation as we leverage our data, modernize our processes and advance technology to maintain our position as the world’s Aerospace and Defense leader.
We are leveraging emerging, digitally-enabled capabilities to lower cost, speed up development time and create disruptive solutions to best serve our customers and stakeholders. We’re bringing the 4th Industrial Revolution to every role in the company.
We are assembling a team of change agents to tackle the hardest technical challenges that come with digital transformation. We are looking for highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic individuals to join and contribute significantly to the successful implementation and enablement of this journey for our Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control Team (MFC.)
As a Digital Transformation IT Systems engineer your role will combine multiple roles of system administration, networking, storage, virtualization, and more to deliver new systems and capabilities.
An IT systems engineering position that combines multiple roles of system administration, networking, storage, virtualization, and more to deliver new systems and capabilities.
This position is with the MFC Engineering & Program Support (EPS) Closed Area Support (CAS) IT team responsible for designing, operating and maintaining dozens of secure systems, servers and networks.
Candidate will be focused on supporting modernization and technological growth efforts at Missiles & Fire Control which are centered around DevSecOps, Software Factory, Agile Engineering Methodologies including:
- Installing various versions of Operating System and Engineering Software packages on Physical Machines & Virtual Machines.
- Configuring scripts to add and/or remove features
- SQL modification for older versions of software
- Troubleshooting Software
Working with GPU capabilities, 3D support, Agile Software Engineering tools.
Scripting is a large component of the position, and candidates will be given the opportunity to grow their scripting and even programming skills.
Candidates will keep up with the latest cutting-edge technologies and continually experiment, develop, and transition new technology or solutions into the secure environment.
Works one-on-one with highly technical engineers and scientists to support modeling & simulation missions by translating requirements into solutions.
May become involved in special projects such as multi-level security (MLS) / Multi Level Compartments (MLC) for High Performance Computing (HPC), Controlled Interface / Cross Domain (CI/CD) Pipelines for DevSecOps, Machine Learning infrastructure, Hybrid Cloud and Kubernetes deployments, and more.
Candidates will be performing documentation of both new and old processes. Documentation is critical to the role and the team. A candidate will benefit from networking experience in switching/routing/firewalls.
• Active Secret Clearance (with investigation within the last 6 years)
• Ability to maintain a security clearance, and customers' acceptance
• Knowledge and experience with system administration for Linux and/or Windows
• Demonstrated experience in leveraging state of-the-art solutions for programs
• Demonstrated experience working in environments, ensuring compliance with NISPOM/RMF/JSIG Security guidelines and other government security regulations.
• Demonstrated experience developing effective stakeholder and partner relationships
• Demonstrated experience effectively performing in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Demonstrated ability to work through technical, project, operational and resource challenges
• Proven business acumen to manage multiple assignments and projects with the ability to balance technical requirements with business needs and affordability
• Demonstrated collaboration and teaming skills at all levels of the organization
• Strong leadership, organization, and interpersonal skills to provide customer support and support the team
• Active Top Secret security clearance (investigation within the past 6 years)
• Experience building, operating and maintaining secure operating system configurations, secure networks with demonstrated technical knowledge, lead in infrastructure and IT security domains
• Intuitive thinker that can develop, script, and experiment to contrive and implement new solutions to technical problems
• Preference for designing, building, scripting, and documenting new environments from the ground-up
• Extensive experience working in Linux Environments (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, SuSE, etc)
• Understanding of routing/switching networking concepts
• Understanding of virtualization infrastructure such as VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V, etc.
• Understanding of NAS/SAN/PFS storage systems and related networking
• Experience with Parallel File Systems (PFS) such as Lustre or GPFS/Spectrum Scale
• Prefer Security+, CISSP, or other IAT Level II/III security certification
• Experience with SSSD and Active Directory, LDAP, or IDM/FreeIPA Integration
• Scripting ability to support system administration (Ansible, Python, BASH, Perl, Batch, VBScript, PowerShell, etc.)
• Knowledge/Experience with Multi-Level Security (MLS) or Multi-Category Security (MCS) solutions
• Experience with containers and orchestration, especially in virtualized applications using Singularity, Docker, Shifter, Kubernetes etc.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered career, or journey, level. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 6 years Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROLRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Information Technology Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.