Security Generalist / F-35 / Iwakuni, Japan
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Security Generalist / F-35 / Iwakuni, Japan
Do you want to be part of a culture that encourages employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Come and experience your future!
This position is located at Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, Japan and will serve as a Security Generalist for the Marine Corps F-35 program. Currently three potential locations to work with either of the Marine Corps F-35 squadrons or the Operational Training Complex (OTC) supporting second shift work. Primarily responsible to act as the program security Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the assigned Special Access Program Facility (SAPF). Candidate is responsible for maintaining a thorough understanding of personnel security processes and requirements, physical security standards for SAPFs, information security implementation, administrative security management, and classified material management, storage, packaging, and tracking. Additionally, candidate will be required to participate in all facility activation, integration and sustainment activities, F-35 specific Special Access Program support, and overall execution of contractual security requirements. Candidate is expected to act as one of the primary Personnel Security (PERSEC) professional at any of the assigned squadrons or OTC. Responsible for controlling access to all classified and Communications Security (COMSEC) areas in the assigned facility, providing escort when required, and assisting in the planning, evaluation, and execution of program security operations related to the assigned SAPF and management IAW current program guidance, DODM directives, and Navy and Marine Corps instructions. Aid other security team members, as appropriate. Performs other duties and potentially works other shifts, as required.
Duties will include, but are not limited to: assist pilots, support USMC personnel, ALIS personnel and visitors using facilities; operate badging and access control systems; perform personnel security tasks; directed random searches; enforce all USMC and local security procedures and practices including controlling access to secure facilities, handling and storage of classified documents and electronic media, and monitoring compliance with COMSEC and COMPUSEC; provide assistance with file plans and documentation maintenance in classified containers; change combinations and generate SF 700s; assist in self-inspections and prepare for customer inspections; perform and document vault alarm tests; assist in security investigations; assist in providing training and scheduling of Custodians in specified locations.
This position will be hired to support second shift operations to include weekends as required. While assigned shifts should be stable, applicants may be required to change shifts, if necessary, to support mission requirements. Time zone differences may require adjusted shift schedule as necessary to participate in telecoms or VTCs with external agencies.
Must be able and willing to travel, to include Squadron deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs. Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment.
May be required to work at deployed locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week.
Accompanied Status Available: Accompanied status means new hires may have their dependents accompany them on their long-term overseas assignment.
Relocation: Relocation and housing assistance is available for this exciting international assignment.
(1) Final transferable SECRET security clearance closed within the last 6 years or confirmed enrollment within Continuous Evaluation (CE) program.
(2) Must be able to gain and maintain a TOP SECRET clearance.
(3) Familiar with Special Access Program (SAP) and Special Access Required (SAR) security requirements.
(4) Knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
(5) Must have the ability to gain and maintain SAP access.
(1) Experience working with the Marine Corps.
(2) Experience writing both collateral and SAP security plans and procedures.
(3) Experience working within a SAP environment or SAPF.
(4) Familiarization with the DODM 5205.07 / JSIG / ICD 705.
(5) Exposure to F35 program requirements.
(6) Excellent current working knowledge of classified material control, inventory, marking, and management.
(7) Experience with access control, badging, Intrusion Detection System (IDS) operation, and visitor control.
(8) Demonstrated self-starter with creative problem-solving skills.
(9) Above average oral and written communication skills.
(10) Ability to work in a dynamic team environment and multi-task.
(11) Demonstrated problem-solving ability and initiative.
(12) Proficient with Microsoft Office products. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leaderSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 6 years Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Security Type: Full-Time Shift: Second
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.