Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Microelectronics & RF
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Microelectronics & RF
The successful candidate should:
- Have a passion for automation and possess experience with implementation of automated production lines including standing up a new production line that integrates lean manufacturing with robotics.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet leverage Design to Cost (DTC), Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Automation (DFA) targets to deliver cost-effective solutions to our customer.
- Push the limits of electro-mechanical assembly by actively researching new uses and implementing robotic and automated assembly cells (including 5 and 6-axis robotic arms, collaborative robots, adhesive dispensing, soldering, automated positioning, automated optical inspection, test automation).
- B.S/M.S. in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Materials Engineering preferred) with 10+ years of experience in the microelectronics industry, RF manufacturing, or equivalent.
- Previous Hands-on experience with microelectronic assembly processes and equipment and the automation of these processes (e.g. epoxy dispensing, component/die attach, wire/ribbon bonding, wafer fabrication, hermetic sealing, leak detection, Automated Optical Inspection, component/assembly test, etc.)
- Prior leadership experience in technical engineering or functional management with demonstrated skills to lead and drive internal savings by implementing initiatives such as Yield Improvements, Cost Step-Downs, Process Improvements, Lean, and Manufacturing Technology enhancements and by improving the business processes used to execute Recurring and Non-recurring Manufacturing Engineering activities.
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills are required including the ability to deliver effective presentations to peers, management, and customers.
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Experience interfacing with design engineering team to ensure design producibility for current and future hardware.
- Knowledge of microelectronic assembly along with MIL-STD-883 & MIL-PRF-38534, J-STD, IPC
- Knowledge of failure analysis techniques: SEM, EDS, FTIR, XRF, X-ray, FIB, etc.
- Experience with test development - knowledge and experience with electronic circuits, automated test software, and the manufacturing test environment. Ability to interpret test requirements, implement requirement based test methodologies, and utilize statistical data analysis. Understanding of design and documentation and working knowledge of test and troubleshooting of microelectronic assemblies.
- SAP & MES knowledge
- Ability to translate strategic vision through leadership of a team of engineers into the development of technical roadmaps, drive execution of internal research and development projects, develop business cases and the justification of research, manpower, equipment plans.
- Experience deploying and managing a fully-automated production line, microelectronics preferred.
- The candidate must be able to lead and contribute technically to projects in a teaming environment and have the ability to investigate, transfer, and adapt processes, techniques, or methods to new applications.
- Ability to understand and remain engaged in assessing assembly trends, tooling, methods, systems, and equipment that will strengthen and expand competitive technological edge in the products we produce and the industry we serve.
- The candidate will be required to lead the development and execution of manufacturing process plans, continuous improvement of processes and plans using tools and methods such as statistical process control (SPC) and design of experiments (DOE).
- Lean/Six Sigma familiarity
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational talent via hiring and by mentoring, including the development and execution of succession and cross-training plans.
- This position will support performance review and other HR tasks as required. Duties include the recruitment, hiring, retaining, training and career development, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROLRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Manufacturing Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.