Cyber Training Event Designer
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cyber Training Event Designer
This position is for a Cyber Security Training Event Designer. The selected candidate will be an expert designer of realistic cyber environments to meet the DoD’s cyber training requirements. The training audiences range from small CMF teams to large scale multi-lateral exercises.
• Expert designer of realistic terrain including global gray environments.
• Expert in designing complex enterprise infrastructures including compute, network, and storage using various operating systems and services (e.g. AD/LDAP, VPN, Email, Web).
• Skilled at decomposing training objectives and MSELs into enterprise infrastructure features.
• Experienced at conducting cyber exercises, working through the planning process and coordinating with end users, event sponsors, and partner infrastructure providers in a collaborative fashion to provide realistic cyber training environments that meets customer needs.
• Must be able to independently work with customers and end-users, inferring cyber environment requirements and resulting design documents and then communicating requirements to a technical lead who will handle leading the build-out of the desired networks.
• Willingness to travel CONUS and Internationally (25% travel post-COVID restrictions).
• Support the end users and sponsors during the training events, providing clear and concise technical leadership to the supporting engineering teams to ensure smooth and effective cyber testing and training.
• Experienced in defensive and offensive cyber Tactics, Techniques and Procedures.
• Understanding and appropriate application of network sensors and traffic generation tools as applied toward training cyber environments.
• Experience working with US CYBERCOM and other DoD cyber training organizations.
Candidate must have extensive knowledge and/or direct experience in the following:
• Conducting cyber training events, working through the planning process and coordinating with end users, event sponsors and system developers in a collaborative fashion to ultimately provide realistic cyber test environments that meets customer objectives.
• Defensive and offensive cyber techniques in order to effectively provide red team and blue team support plans during a test event
• Develop Architecture and Design of secure computing systems.
• Experienced in defensive and offensive cyber Tactics, Techniques and Procedures. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.