Cyber SW Engineer - Cyber Exploitation, Orlando, FL
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cyber SW Engineer - Cyber Exploitation, Orlando, FL
Description:There's security...and then there is Cybersecurity!
At Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC), we are seeking a Cybersecurity Software Engineer to support our Cyber Test Exploitation team in Orlando, Florida.
You will have an opportunity to be involved in some of MFC’s highly innovative and ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry!
Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
In this role you will:
• Leverage your technical, and interpersonal skills in a structured team framework and work in a cross-functional
engineering Team environment
• Support a broad range of challenges in a dynamic team environment and the ability to work with Cyber Exploitation Engineers, Cyber System Security Engineers and system engineers across Lockheed Martin MFC to develop new exploitation software tools, and maintain current capabilities
• Employ a high level of productivity and responsiveness, especially for time-critical requirements, with a team-oriented approach to interface with team members
• Support exploitation testing to improve integrity and security of weapon system environments
• Support penetration testing and related activities across a wide variety of platforms and technologies using advanced techniques and methodologies, such as embedded hardware, electronic warfare, radio frequency, etc.
*Must currently a DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher to be considered for this position*
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Master’s degree
Mus have experience with:
• High availability development, fault tolerance software and RMF compliance with Fortify
• Full lifecycle application development
• Designing, coding, and debugging applications in various software languages (C/C++, Python, Shell Scripting)
• Supporting a broad range of challenges in a dynamic team environment and the ability to work with Cyber Exploitation Engineers, Cyber System Security Engineers and system engineers across Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control to develop new exploitation software tools and maintain current capabilities
• Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, interface design
Additionally, must have:
• Strong understanding of software development lifecycle
• Knowledge of development of Cybersecurity requirements
*Must possess (or be able to obtain within six months of employment start date) a DoD 8570.01-M certification (Security+, CISSP)*
• Designing, development, documents, testing, and maintaining full spectrum cyber solutions
• Developing and automating secure systems to support cyber offensive, defense and full spectrum cyber operations
• Conducting vulnerability research, reverse engineering, penetration testing (red/blue teams)
• Developing and integrating low-level firmware, and/or develops specialized cyber software solutions and tools based on mission requirements
• System knowledge of subject matter (hardware, software, networks, cloud, etc.) to conduct research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities and develop new capabilities to exploit and/or mitigate vulnerabilities
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 5 years
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Cyber Security Engineering
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.
Explore the Area
Orlando — Florida
What should you and your team members do after work? Find the best places to hang out around the city.View Map