Cyber Risk Oversight Manager
Orlando, Florida; Herndon, Virginia; King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cyber Risk Oversight Manager
Orlando, Florida; Herndon, Virginia; King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
This role focuses on driving technical excellence to support department and directorate initiatives - identifying, assessing and mitigating cyber risk for the enterprise. Responsible for supporting development & execution of system requirements, adherence to engineering development processes, and promoting a customer focus with deliverables. Required to build strong cross organization relationships and will work with individuals from a variety of technical and functional disciplines (business area, Information Security Officer (ISO) teams, contracts, supply chain, legal, subsidiaries, suppliers, etc).
• Demonstrated leadership in cyber systems engineering (requirements, design, development, test, and operations)
• Demonstrated project and team leadership skills.
• Experience in monitoring & accountability for a program's technical, cost, & schedule performance.
• Experience in Risk & Opportunity Management.
• Experience in the development of strategy, business case, and project management plans.
• Relevant domain experience in cyber security technical solutions, standards, directives, guidance, and policies
• Support testing, design, and implementation of cyber solutions
• Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional.
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a dynamic environment
• Excellent communication skills (both oral & written). Must provide frequent customer/contractor status & capabilities briefings
• Host requirements/design technical exchange meetings
• Strong interpersonal/team and stakeholder engagement skills. Establish effective working relationships with the other components of CIS, Enterprise IT, Business Area (BA) IT leadership, BA Information Security Officer (ISO) teams, and customers
• Work location at a major U.S. Lockheed Martin site is desired. Must be willing to work flexible hours and be able to travel as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, cybersecurity, telecommunications, information systems, or a related field from an accredited college or university
• Experience as a Control Account Manager (CAM).
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance
• Solid understanding of cybersecurity principles
• Knowledge of Cyber Security risk management processes
• Knowledge of Cyber Governance, Risk and Compliance strategies and tools
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
• Familiarity with associated external directives, regulations, and controls, such as CMMC, DFARS 7012 and NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, RMF, FedRAMP, and ISO 27001/27002
• Provide first-level support and training to end-users allowing them to fully leverage the cyber GRC applications.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities, be well organized, flexible, and self-motivated.
• Ability to work across organizational lines and with customers and suppliers, within the U.S. and internationally
• Ability to work in a virtual environment, effectively utilizing collaboration tools to interact with geographically dispersed team members and stakeholders
• Familiarity with agile software development process
• Possess an advanced degree (MS Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
• Recognized security certification (CISSP or others)
• Experience with risk-based security engineering
• Demonstrated experience utilizing agile frameworks for project lifecycle
• Experience ensuring system security measures comply with applicable government policies, laws, and regulations; provide configuration management and accurately assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system.
• Experience with Enterprise Splunk
• Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
• Familiarity with the Galvanize (RSAM) platform
• Familiarity with IT Service Management (ITSM)
• Experience with DevSecOps, Advanced Networks, and cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Docker and others
• Current active DOD Secret clearance Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICESRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Governance and Risk Compliance Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.