Cyber Intel Threat Hunter
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cyber Intel Threat Hunter
Duties include leading, supporting, coordinating and acting as the initial point of contact for security operations floor activities. Will assist with developing, maintaining, tuning, and monitoring cyber security content for detection and prevention capabilities. Will support investigating computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems, providing network forensic and intrusion detection support to high technology investigations in the form of researching and maintaining proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption. In addition, the Analyst will lead and mentor other SOC Support Staff and will communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the enterprise classified environments. The Analyst should have expertise in monitoring and detection, and incident response to support detection, containment, and eradication of malicious activities targeting customer networks.
The ideal candidate for this position has proven experience working both independently and as part of a team; is an accomplished software reverse engineer; is experienced in both static and dynamic analysis of code and is capable of developing detections and parsers for malware. The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Computer network defense and incident response
• Thorough documentation of analysis at an operational level
• Ensuring analysis and remediation efforts across the enterprise are followed through to completion
• Leading initiatives, analytical research and hardening across the enterprise
• Creation and maintenance of resilient detections and countermeasures
• Consistent and effective communication across the team
• Managing priorities and workloads with established accountability to deliverables
• Mentoring and developing other analysts on the team
Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cyber Security, or related field and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience . Without degree, 15 years of prior relevant experience in the areas of incident detection and response, malware analysis, or cyber forensics required.
• Minimum of current Top Secret with ability to obtain TS/SCI Clearance and Special Program Accesses.
• Must have at least one of the following certifications: SANS GIAC:GCIA, GCFA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCFE, GREM, GXPN, GMON, GISF, or GCIH
ISC2: CCFP, CCSP, CISSP CERT CSIH
EC Council: CHFI, LPT, ECSA
Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP and OSEE
Splunk experience required
Defense Cyber Investigative Training Academy: FTK WFE-FTK, CIRC, WFE-E-CI, FIW
• Proficient in Pattern Recognition
• Proficient in Data Analytics
• Proficient in Malware Analysis
• Proficient in Data Forensics
• Strong Communication skills are essential
• Two to four years SOC experience
• Several years of IC experience
• Expertise with VirusTotal Intelligence, DomainTools Iris
• Ability to develop Yara or Snort signatures
• Minimum of five years of experience tracking and profiling APT groups
• A working understanding of cyber threat intelligence platforms to collect and correlate cyber threat information
• Deep understanding of operating systems: file structures, processes, services, and application execution
• Understanding of malware functionality, static and dynamic analysis, and ability to identify IOCs, attributes and understanding of signatures
• Experience performing focused research and analysis to write complete, accurate, relevant and timely cyber threat intelligence reports to support network defense
• Ability to create and present compelling briefings to relay relevant cyber threat information to technical and non-technical audiences
• Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and tight timelines
• Experience with basic usage of languages such as , Powershell, Bash for automation and data analysis Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret with an investigation within 5 years Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: CORPORATE HEADQUARTERSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Security Type: Full-Time Shift: Second
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.